+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Bromwich Albion

West Bromwich Albion

In serious trouble.
    On a very slippery slope and currently have a manager who is destroying a club that have traditionally at least tried to play a bit of decent football.
    To me he has become as obnoxious as Warnock, Mourinho, etc with his total pigheadedness and if I'm honest, he has gotten away with it for years now-playing the 'let's not lose rather than try and win' game.
    Looks like his time has finally come. His ilk, the likes of Allardyce, Hughes, Warnock and every other sub standard home grown manager are a constant reminder to us all as to why we tend to go foreign. Nuno is a great example-a breath of fresh air without the stubborn rigidity and tedium of the English game.

There is a little part of my little brain telling me their turmoil is a wonderful thing, fck them.

Yet I actually feel for them at the moment, they pay a stupid amount of money to go and watch a pathetic rendition of what we call football. That's punishment enough.

I must be getting old

I think it would be best for them to keep Pulis the rest of this season and make a change in the summer. He plays his own way and it’s effective to an extent. But he’ll never achieve more than midtable. His roster is completely bereft of playmakers. I don’t envy the roster overhaul required of the next manager. They’re going to need to bring in a lot of players to play a different style. Still can’t believe he drove off a player of the quality of Saido Berahino. Completely ruined what could have been one of their best players for years, or at least a huge payday for the club from Spurs, Liverpool or one of the other bigger clubs.

If it weren’t for the wretched clubs below them in the table, I would say we will wave to them as we go up and they go down.

Really?

Last time they won a game was August.

As for Saido, Pulis probably had the right idea. He was never in the same league as Kane, they were both in the England under 21 set up-Kane is a professional, Saido is a waster, we've all forgotten him. Ask Mark Hughes exactly what the multi million pound 'striker' has brought to Stoke City.
    Has he scored yet?

I think you are right about the club's below them.
    They always seem to get away with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Really?

Last time they won a game was August.

As for Saido, Pulis probably had the right idea. He was never in the same league as Kane, they were both in the England under 21 set up-Kane is a professional, Saido is a waster, we've all forgotten him. Ask Mark Hughes exactly what the multi million pound 'striker' has brought to Stoke City.
    Has he scored yet?

I think you are right about the club's below them.
    They always seem to get away with it....
    I think it has more to do with Hughes than Berahino. Bony floundered under him as well. And Arnautovic after early success. Same with Diouf. He’s just a mediocre manager.

But Pulis blew it with him regardless. Should have sold him when his stock was high. Instead he decided to try and play hard ball with him. Both ended up losing out.

That's fair enough.

Berahino certainly had promise but he's no Bonatlni

One thing that will be said if he goes will be that Pulis would be one of the best to get them out of trouble. He has the experience of keeping sides up. He and the player's need to take a long look at themselves. I'm one of these who likes the banter in the work place regarding football and will always want to see as many Midlands clubs in the top league of English football as possible. It might actually do albion good to go down and regroup. They've never really had problems of bouncing back up.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    One thing that will be said if he goes will be that Pulis would be one of the best to get them out of trouble. He has the experience of keeping sides up. He and the player's need to take a long look at themselves. I'm one of these who likes the banter in the work place regarding football and will always want to see as many Midlands clubs in the top league of English football as possible. It might actually do albion good to go down and regroup. They've never really had problems of bouncing back up.
    Do you Know who they need to keep them up??

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Do you Know who they need to keep them up??
    Probably Big Sam or maybe Warnock, but the footballing purists at sandwell town will turn their noses up at the mention of either. Pulis could still stay if he starts to turn it around.

On the flip side, it is funny to hear the ones (and there are many) who defended Pulis with their lives, they wanted Premier League status above quality.

Now the same people are pining for the quality, regardless of the outcome

Pulis sacking confirmed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)