+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: West Bromwich Albion

TP has gone. They have got their wish. There is only one Gary Megson!!!

There’s a French manager that specializes in keeping teams up. Brilliant style and flair in his team’s. I think his name is Pony Tulís

I think I may well have changed my opinion on this subject already judging by some of the ludicrous comments on the sandwell board
    I said in the initial post that at least they triedto play a bit of decent football.
    Now I'm reading words like 'entertainers' and 'reputation'.

They won a couple of cups 50 years ago ffs. So did Swindon and QPR. They still blame the weather when they had a decent season once.

Who the feck do they think they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    On the flip side, it is funny to hear the ones (and there are many) who defended Pulis with their lives, they wanted Premier League status above quality.

Now the same people are pining for the quality, regardless of the outcome
    Well the fans have got what they wanted, Pulis has gone. Too many football purists in 'the modern era' as many commentators and pundits like to say. Quality football and the passing game won't come overnight with the players at the new manager's disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    I think I may well have changed my opinion on this subject already judging by some of the ludicrous comments on the sandwell board
    I said in the initial post that at least they triedto play a bit of decent football.
    Now I'm reading words like 'entertainers' and 'reputation'.

They won a couple of cups 50 years ago ffs. So did Swindon and QPR. They still blame the weather when they had a decent season once.

Who the feck do they think they are?
    Too many people believe the label tagged to certain sides, " The West Ham Way", " The west Brom Way" and so on. Premier league survival has to be the priority.

They think they're part of an elitist group that fans the world talk about, outside of brum and the midlands, not many gives a toss!.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Too many people believe the label tagged to certain sides, " The West Ham Way", " The west Brom Way" and so on. Premier league survival has to be the priority.

They think they're part of an elitist group that fans the world talk about, outside of brum and the midlands, not many gives a toss!.

Think that just about sums them up mate, well said.

The thing I found funny was that although in this dangerous, potentially division defining time, there was still a reference about Wolves and how well we are doing.

I cannot believe any true Wolves fan would even think about promotion at this stage.

Yes, we have had a fantastic start, we are playing some great stuff and we are averaging (at this moment in time) over two points a game.

Only a fool would talk about the Premier League at this stage.

You would think they had enough problems yet they still bring us into it

Always the way - no matter how well / bad some fans teams are doing they prefer talking about rivals - feck 'em they can come down at your expense!

Agree about not expecting promotion before Christmas - but as a Leeds fan I think you are definitely in with a shout this time round - there's no comparison to the set up you had last term. On the other hand there are some that may prefer NOT to go up - I mean - being top of this league and winning regularly may well be prefferable to struggling to survive in the Premier league ...heart in mouth most games, and that inevitable sinking feeling by March - I can just about remember it LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Always the way - no matter how well / bad some fans teams are doing they prefer talking about rivals - feck 'em they can come down at your expense!

Agree about not expecting promotion before Christmas - but as a Leeds fan I think you are definitely in with a shout this time round - there's no comparison to the set up you had last term. On the other hand there are some that may prefer NOT to go up - I mean - being top of this league and winning regularly may well be prefferable to struggling to survive in the Premier league ...heart in mouth most games, and that inevitable sinking feeling by March - I can just about remember it LOL!
    Good post pal.

Pardew in talks at West Brom according to the rumor mill. Match made in heaven when it comes to unlikable things. Just a rumor right now though

Wow, between a rock and a hard place is maybe a cheesy way of putting it?

Woeful defending tonight, conceded two and scored two against a poor side.

Two points off the trap door.

PEACE IN.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)