+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T people on benefits

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Telling me there are no scroungers on benefits ? Lmfao
    Can't see where anybody has said that.

Telling me there are no scroungers on benefits ? Lmfao
    Once again ignoring the fact that no one has said that at all, i don't know how you can breath your head is stuck so deep in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Wasting your time with some of the halfwits on here mate, can't see beyond the end of their noses some of them, they just peer over the edge of the sun/mail and believe all that's shoved down their throats.

As you've said, no one wants to see anyone milking the system, and i'd bet that most of us know someone who has/does, and they should be dealt with of course, but the difference between how much is lost to the country through benefit cheating and tax evasion/avoidance is absolutely huge. This gov't is killing it's own people indirectly with their policies, with children being particularly affected...
    http://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j2285
    Why the hell are they maybe including me a halfwhit?

Why is it that I sometimes see a homeless person smoking that I think feck you! I don't have money to smoke so why should I give you money to do so?
    Everyone who cheats on benefits or taxes is in laws still classed as a thief and should be treat the same. Whether is some scrote who's not paying their taxes or taking out of the public pures.
    The difference is that it is much easier to catch a benefits cheat than it is to employ lawyers good enough to go through the books of the big companies with a fine tooth comb.
    Both should be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Wasting your time with some of the halfwits on here mate, can't see beyond the end of their noses some of them, they just peer over the edge of the sun/mail and believe all that's shoved down their throats.

As you've said, no one wants to see anyone milking the system, and i'd bet that most of us know someone who has/does, and they should be dealt with of course, but the difference between how much is lost to the country through benefit cheating and tax evasion/avoidance is absolutely huge. This gov't is killing it's own people indirectly with their policies, with children being particularly affected...
    http://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j2285
    Agree with lots/most of what you and animal are saying. I also agree with Crash, we do have scroungers who take the p1ss. I wouldn't say they have great lives though doing this and certainly wouldn't do for me. Id prefer to work even if it only paid roughly the same as benefits, better for the soul both morally and physically. My Mum/Dad, Grandparents all worked and worked bl00dy hard, the work ethic was something naturally instilled in me and apart from a couple of months I've been in full time employment for the last 30 years.

I hate it when I hear people say I'd work but its not wort it if its only £30-£40 quid a week more than benefits. To that I say b0llox. Fwiw I think if people are 100% fit and able they should do something to claim benefits, some kind of work that benefits the wider community perhaps, gardening for old folks for example. If nothing else it helps to instill a worth ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Why the hell are they maybe including me a halfwhit?

Why is it that I sometimes see a homeless person smoking that I think feck you! I don't have money to smoke so why should I give you money to do so?
    Everyone who cheats on benefits or taxes is in laws still classed as a thief and should be treat the same. Whether is some scrote who's not paying their taxes or taking out of the public pures.
    The difference is that it is much easier to catch a benefits cheat than it is to employ lawyers good enough to go through the books of the big companies with a fine tooth comb.
    Both should be stopped.
    I did say 'some', but i'll tell you what, just scratch the surface and it's plain as day what's happening in this country and i'm sick to death to be honest of people swallowing owt that's chucked at them through the media then spouting the same on here. I agree that anyone who cheats the system should be dealt with, and i posted as such, but the difference between how hard we chase someone who is cheating benefits to how hard we chase the real cheats is absolutely shocking, in terms of how many inspectors do it, check the link..https://fullfact.org/economy/do-bene...ctors-ten-one/

As for not giving to a homeless person who is smoking, well, your choice, and for what it's worth i seldom donate money for much the same reason, but will happily buy a sarnie/drink.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I'm aware as of yesterday a 22 year old lad locally who is autistic , can't walk very far unaided , he has the brain of a 3 year old child and the government say he is fit to work , his benefit was cut by half and soon it will end permanently .

His mother who is a widow and cared for him now works to make ends meet and he's cared for by his elderly grandparents .

If that's the kind of society we want then fair enough but just remember to never lose your job , suffer long term health issues or become disabled because your on your own and you will be the leech in society .
    Animal,

I'll tell you a true story about my sister. She had a brain hemarige a couple of years ago. She's lucky to be here but she got the help she needed through the NHS.
    She lost much of her coordination and has to put stickers everywhere in her flat to allow her to remember such things like 'have a shower' or turn the water off. She has to put these stickers on the right hand side in the direction she's going to see them.
    She was assessed and given a council bungalow near where she lives. She has taken up a little gardening and taken on a couple of cats to aid with her recovery. There is a lot of other things I could describe her normal day life thatshe has to deal with but it'd take me too long.
    She like the young lad who can't walk was sent for an assessment. The doctor she went to see wrote back and told the DWP that she was fit for work.
    She had to wait months for the decision to be given. The DWP were not happy with the report and wrote to the doctor for more information. They decided that they would overturn the original doctors letter of recommendation on the basis that one of the drugs she is on you're not normally fit to work.

There is an appeals proceedure in place that the person you've heard of can follow but doctors reports are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Agree with lots/most of what you and animal are saying. I also agree with Crash, we do have scroungers who take the p1ss. I wouldn't say they have great lives though doing this and certainly wouldn't do for me. Id prefer to work even if it only paid roughly the same as benefits, better for the soul both morally and physically. My Mum/Dad, Grandparents all worked and worked bl00dy hard, the work ethic was something naturally instilled in me and apart from a couple of months I've been in full time employment for the last 30 years.

I hate it when I hear people say I'd work but its not wort it if its only £30-£40 quid a week more than benefits. To that I say b0llox. Fwiw I think if people are 100% fit and able they should do something to claim benefits, some kind of work that benefits the wider community perhaps, gardening for old folks for example. If nothing else it helps to instill a worth ethic.
    Agree to a point, i think many of us have grown up with the same ethics in the family, and i know we have folk who abuse the system, and always will, it's difficult to absolutely differentiate between a genuine case and someone on the flannel and i'm not saying that is easy either, we just have to get some priorities right before we jump all over the poorest in society, because right now there are foodbanks popping up all over the country, homelessness is on the rise massively and most of the folk in trouble are IN WORK, these are people with that work ethic who are being absolutely shafted by the gov't and beig called scroungers by those more fortunate and that is shameful.

Just go in my local everyday.
    Some poor souls can hardly pick their drinks up while texting their bets.

Suppose they've got a sticker on their heads saying 'benefit cheat' then eh....

According to the chancellor Philip Hammond they aren't any unemployed in this country , perhaps those poor souls you speak of were enjoying a pint on a day off .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mmond-tv-gaffe

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast