+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T people on benefits

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Just go in my local everyday.
    Some poor souls can hardly pick their drinks up while texting their bets.
    Sounds like pensioners lol

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    According to the chancellor Philip Hammond they aren't any unemployed in this country , perhaps those poor souls you speak of were enjoying a pint on a day off .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mmond-tv-gaffe
    Indeed, people are walking around with blinkers on, zero hour contracts are rife and getting more prevalent, companies using agencies, agencies exploiting workers, many younger ones, getting a text to come in for 4 hours, getting sent home after 2 hours, never knowing how many hours you'll get one week to the next, many of these folk have rent, have kids, have bills like the rest of us, and it's a shocking indictment of the gov't actively encouraging it...(i also abhor Labour under Blair/Brown for their part in zero hour contract scandal by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Animal,

I'll tell you a true story about my sister. She had a brain hemarige a couple of years ago. She's lucky to be here but she got the help she needed through the NHS.
    She lost much of her coordination and has to put stickers everywhere in her flat to allow her to remember such things like 'have a shower' or turn the water off. She has to put these stickers on the right hand side in the direction she's going to see them.
    She was assessed and given a council bungalow near where she lives. She has taken up a little gardening and taken on a couple of cats to aid with her recovery. There is a lot of other things I could describe her normal day life thatshe has to deal with but it'd take me too long.
    She like the young lad who can't walk was sent for an assessment. The doctor she went to see wrote back and told the DWP that she was fit for work.
    She had to wait months for the decision to be given. The DWP were not happy with the report and wrote to the doctor for more information. They decided that they would overturn the original doctors letter of recommendation on the basis that one of the drugs she is on you're not normally fit to work.

There is an appeals proceedure in place that the person you've heard of can follow but doctors reports are needed.

Thanks for that frog .

The case in question was something I read yesterday on another reds forum , the lad who posted it posts on tykesmad too and has done for many years .

He's a very credible poster so there's no reason to question the authenticity of his comments .

I think personally the lads benefit will remain but his mother and carer will remain in work to cover the downturn in income and reduction in benefit .

I believe the poster is the grandparent caring for the lad .

As we know this isn't an isolated case , far from it .

The tories narrative of divide the working class is pretty evident not only on forums like this one and ours but out there in the workplace , pub or wherever conversations such as this one take place .

I despair frog I really do , it wouldn't hurt one or two to change places for a month with the so called benefit scroungers and see how they would go on , who wouldn't want to spend 31 consecutive days in the pub after all , apparently .

Animal,

I'll tell you a true story about my sister. She had a brain hemarige a couple of years ago. She's lucky to be here but she got the help she needed through the NHS.
    She lost much of her coordination and has to put stickers everywhere in her flat to allow her to remember such things like 'have a shower' or turn the water off. She has to put these stickers on the right hand side in the direction she's going to see them.
    She was assessed and given a council bungalow near where she lives. She has taken up a little gardening and taken on a couple of cats to aid with her recovery. There is a lot of other things I could describe her normal day life thatshe has to deal with but it'd take me too long.
    She like the young lad who can't walk was sent for an assessment. The doctor she went to see wrote back and told the DWP that she was fit for work.
    She had to wait months for the decision to be given. The DWP were not happy with the report and wrote to the doctor for more information. They decided that they would overturn the original doctors letter of recommendation on the basis that one of the drugs she is on you're not normally fit to work.

There is an appeals proceedure in place that the person you've heard of can follow but doctors reports are needed.
    Shocking isn't it, was the doctor from ATOS? the organisation tasked by the gov't to get people off benefits....call me cynical but it stinks to high heaven.

Animal,

sorry to hear about your sister frog - hope she gets enough support to help her manage - I've also seen first hand what this type of event (brain haemorrhage) can do to people and it's heartbreaking

Seems I Must be wrong.
    There is obviously not a single benefit scrounger.
    Well you live and learn .

If you believe the crap they put out on channel 5 you certainly wont be learning very much. More interesting perhaps are the programmes that show our glorious leaders and royals filtering massive amounts money out to tax havens. You need a new tv set Crash it only seems to show a very limited range of programmes. Maybe its the aerial give it a check owd lad.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-11-2017 at 07:52 PM.

So no scroungers then roly?

Hello roly .

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    So no scroungers then roly?
    Well ok then , lets define scroungers shall we , the floor is yours matey .

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast