+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T people on benefits

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So what are your thoughts on amazon ?

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...es-soar-to-7bn
    At least there is some money coming in

And how many jobs are they providing?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post

Plus my post is about benefit scroungers. Not millionaires, or despot tyrants. Or fek all else ,so start another thread .

You don't read many links folk put up do you crash, there's been ample proof on this thread regarding the %ages of benefit fraud = tax avoidance/evasion, and still you bang on about particular individuals flannelling the system, of course no one thinks it's ok, but open your eyes to who and what are really robbing the exchequer of billions.

As for Amazon, yeh, they're providing jobs, most of which are low paid zero hour contracts, brilliant company which i'm sure you'd love to work for, do a bit of research eh, open your eyes to the bull that this country is becoming.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    "youself"? Ok we'll call that a typo. "it's test"? Tut tut
    ...and don't get me started on his long post #65. 4/10 for grammar, spelling, sentence structure and general coherence.

If your going to knock anyone's mistakes (moderator or otherwise), at least make sure you've checked your own texts first!

To paraphrase the Bible: before taking the mote out of Frog's eye, should you not take the beam out of your own?’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7693676.html

Read post 1

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Thanks for that. Certainly makes a fair case for not raising the top rate to more than 45%.

It also states that in their opinion the maximum revenue raising amount of the top income tax rate is around 40%. Yet you say that you would slash this by more than double to get a flat rate for everyone. Not even this notoriously neo-liberal policy supporting think tank are supporting your stance here? So why/how do you arrive at this figure?

I'm likewise intrigued by the suggestion that the super rich tax evaders would suddenly start paying their full whack if the tax rate was much lower? Why would they do this when you've created even more wealth for them to employ the finest accountants (and former government ministers) to evade the new rate? This seems like a huge faith in corporate humanity you have here?!

I agree that it would be a very interesting corporate experiment though. But then, come to think of it, the last 40 years have seen one corporate tax slashing 'experiment' after another with no discernible increase to the public purse; just increased profit margins... Maybe we could actually try an 'experiment' the other way round, and see what would actually happen if you increase the top rates of income and corporation tax instead??? I would have thought that 40 years of slashing top rates have led us to a pretty sorry state of public service finances thus far - maybe we should try something different?
    My comments related to personal taxation levels rather than corporate ones. Companies have a different agenda and collection of responsibilities. Rightly or wrongly, I do believe individuals have an inbuilt sense of fairness and the great majority would dispense with any ideas of avoidance if they perceived it to be a level playing field. I can't pretend to know exactly what flat rate of tax would result in the greatest revenue because there are so many contributing factors. However, in principle, I see no less reason to think that rate is 20% than 25% or 30%.

Plus my post is about benefit scroungers. Not millionaires, or despot tyrants. Or fek all else ,so start another thread .
    So to be clear , let's say you were burgled twice in one day , one robber stole 60p in loose change and two hours later another helped himself to £500 .

You'd be more pyssed off about the 60p given your logic right !!!!

There’s also people who want to work but no one will employ

This woman on my street apparently her son died horribly at a young age which caused her to have a mental breakdown and had to take a month of work when she went back to work they fired her. She couldn’t find anyone to employ her so she retired early instead on a low pension

OK what got me was,some bloke on tele claimed over£30000 not an insignificant amount. Wheelchair bound needed round the clock help. Was filmed lugging paving slabs for his patio, later playing golf.
    Another family with about a million kids ( plus grand kids ) not one worked , takeaways getting delivered.and complaining they weren't getting enough money to live on.
    No feck in hope
    The first was fraud and got done. So was lying about his claim and didn't get away with it.
    The second hardly the life of Riley. Whats great about their life? How much were they on? And if they were raking it in they'd be dinning out wouldn't they?
    These shows are designed to work you into frothy mouthed rantings, they show the day they get paid. The rest of the fortnight gets binned as living day in day out on nothing ain't that interesting.
    The pious ****a Jeremy Kyle also thrives on stirring up ****e, he lives off the workshy underclass to make those watching feel superior and that they aren't as bad as those on the telly.
    You seem in awe of these people, or jealous. Just think if it weren't for them who could you feel morally superior to?

Are you going to put a stop to the cheats, you claim to know plenty why don't you get on the phone it's anonymous like internet forums?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast