+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T people on benefits

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Why the hell are they maybe including me a halfwhit?

Why is it that I sometimes see a homeless person smoking that I think feck you! I don't have money to smoke so why should I give you money to do so?
    Everyone who cheats on benefits or taxes is in laws still classed as a thief and should be treat the same. Whether is some scrote who's not paying their taxes or taking out of the public pures.
    The difference is that it is much easier to catch a benefits cheat than it is to employ lawyers good enough to go through the books of the big companies with a fine tooth comb.
    Both should be stopped.
    Are you the only Mod they could get? I've yet to see someone so poor at spelling. Have you learn't to spell Britain and British yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MillyVanilly View Post
    Are you the only Mod they could get? I've yet to see someone so poor at spelling. Have you learn't to spell Britain and British yet?
    Were you a bully at school? What's your problem?

I think he clearly took offence to something

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    In terms of the effect of raising tax rates beyond 45% on overall tax take and tax payer behaviour, my research is from the Institute of Fiscal Studies Mirrlees Review. As I said, the effect of reducing top rates down to basic rate levels on behaviour and tax take is speculation on my part, because it hasn't been done. My opinion is that people at all levels of income are content to pay taxes and don't seek out avoidance measures, if they feel they are being taxed fairly.

A bit of light reading for you:

https://www.ifs.org.uk/bns/bn84.pdf

Thanks for that. Certainly makes a fair case for not raising the top rate to more than 45%.

It also states that in their opinion the maximum revenue raising amount of the top income tax rate is around 40%. Yet you say that you would slash this by more than double to get a flat rate for everyone. Not even this notoriously neo-liberal policy supporting think tank are supporting your stance here? So why/how do you arrive at this figure?

I'm likewise intrigued by the suggestion that the super rich tax evaders would suddenly start paying their full whack if the tax rate was much lower? Why would they do this when you've created even more wealth for them to employ the finest accountants (and former government ministers) to evade the new rate? This seems like a huge faith in corporate humanity you have here?!

I agree that it would be a very interesting corporate experiment though. But then, come to think of it, the last 40 years have seen one corporate tax slashing 'experiment' after another with no discernible increase to the public purse; just increased profit margins... Maybe we could actually try an 'experiment' the other way round, and see what would actually happen if you increase the top rates of income and corporation tax instead??? I would have thought that 40 years of slashing top rates have led us to a pretty sorry state of public service finances thus far - maybe we should try something different?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    I'm really getting p I ssed off now watching some
    Of the programs on tele .
    A lot of the scroungers are taking the piss
    If you are aware of anyone ripping off the system then by letting it happen you are aiding it's abuse.
    JSA is claimed by those looking for work and are subject to prove this, why don't you offer your extended family work at your place? If they refuse without a good enough reason, they will get sanctioned and have their money withdrawn.
    ESA is claimed by those deemed unfit for work but they to will have to attend assessments given by the DWP via a private contractor, there have been occasions when theses assessors falsify the test to improve their figures. The DWP primarily will take their word over a qualified GP.
    ESA claimants can also be placed in Work Groups to help them find Work if they do not attend they will be sanctioned, regardless whether that sanction will make their condition even worse and has led to people dying. I gather to you this is fair as it will save the DWP £75 pw.
    All benefits have been capped since 2010 and most cash will be spent by claimants within days of payment in Shops so many will be paying 25% VA. The 75 % will go back almost certainly into local business.(Including the person who supplies you).
    The majority of benefits are paid to those in work including Carers, do you want theirs cut? Their wages haven't been properly increased since 2010. NMW is the responsibility of the Government who are also responsible for the budget given to Councils to fund it.
    I guess you also judge anyone with a Disabled Sticker too see if they are lame enough to need it?
    So two things for you to do tomorrow. Shop the cheats. And put yourself forward as someone with the ability to diagnose an ESA claimants illness by looking at them(Not to far off the Work Assessment Test does now). The NHS would save a packet working with yourself.
    The money saved could allow the Government to halt cuts and put them into Free or discounted Adult Education services that will enable DukesBar members to improve their education and their chances of employment in higher paid jobs therefore increasing the tax revenue collected.
    What are you waiting for you can become ''Rotherhams Saviour'' a Knighthood's on the cards.
    Last edited by MillyVanilly; 20-11-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Were you a bully at school? What's your problem?
    At least the ability to spell simple words such as the Country we live in should be a requirement of a Mod. You'd get denied Immigration if you sat it's test.
    A mod needs to have an ability to read and write to ensure they know what's being posted.
    No wonder this place is full of fakes and Muppets. Like youself.

Quote Originally Posted by MillyVanilly View Post
    At least the ability to spell simple words such as the Country we live in should be a requirement of a Mod. You'd get denied Immigration if you sat it's test.
    A mod needs to have an ability to read and write to ensure they know what's being posted.
    No wonder this place is full of fakes and Muppets. Like youself.
    "youself"? Ok we'll call that a typo. "it's test"? Tut tut

OK what got me was,some bloke on tele claimed over£30000 not an insignificant amount. Wheelchair bound needed round the clock help. Was filmed lugging paving slabs for his patio, later playing golf.
    Another family with about a million kids ( plus grand kids ) not one worked , takeaways getting delivered.and complaining they weren't getting enough money to live on.
    No feck in hope

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    OK what got me was,some bloke on tele claimed over£30000 not an insignificant amount. Wheelchair bound needed round the clock help. Was filmed lugging paving slabs for his patio, later playing golf.
    Another family with about a million kids ( plus grand kids ) not one worked , takeaways getting delivered.and complaining they weren't getting enough money to live on.
    No feck in hope
    So what are your thoughts on amazon ?

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...es-soar-to-7bn

And if you think that's OK ,you are more stupid than I thought.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast