+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T people on benefits

O/T people on benefits

I'm really getting p I ssed off now watching some
    Of the programs on tele .
    A lot of the scroungers are taking the piss

Similar to our defence then

It used to annoy me too Crash. Then I had this idea, I stopped watching it!

These programs always seem to hand pick the worst kind of people, not seen the program your talking about but I did watch a documentary on prisons then did research and found out it was only one prison that treated people that way.

I don't think you can conclude much from a TV show, which will inevitably be set up to push one point of view. I've seen plenty of other programmes that suggest all benefits claimants are the salt of the earth, and that's not true either.

This kind of thing used to bother me as well, but then I asked myself whether these 'scroungers' had a great life as a result of their ducking and diving. I don't think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    I don't think you can conclude much from a TV show, which will inevitably be set up to push one point of view. I've seen plenty of other programmes that suggest all benefits claimants are the salt of the earth, and that's not true either.

This kind of thing used to bother me as well, but then I asked myself whether these 'scroungers' had a great life as a result of their ducking and diving. I don't think they do.
    Jk Rowling was on benefits at one point she said so herself, she also said she tried to kill herself out of depression.

And according to my dad who works in housing benefits he said people he sees own nothing but hand outs and those who smoke or drink generally only tend to eat once every two days due to bad habits they picked up when they were working.

One poor guy used to own a pub but the more money he made the more the brewery’s put the prices up, eventually he had a pump leak and brewery charged him a fortune for the wasted booze that was leaked from a faulty pump and he went bankrupt with no place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    I'm really getting p I ssed off now watching some
    Of the programs on tele .
    A lot of the scroungers are taking the piss
    Typical really, pick on those at the bottom, why not have a look at the top end and see who really is screwing you over.....stop reading the Sun/Mail and watching bull shyte tv programmes designed to influence the shallow minded.

Easy to pick out and blame the weakest members of society for the country's woes isn't it ?

I don't doubt there are people on benefit who are capable of work and it is wrong that the rest of us in society have to pay for their lifestyle choice and I'm with any government who ends this practice , this isn't illegal in some cases by the way it's just morally wrong .

What I wish to see is a government prepared to attack the tax avoiders including big business with the same relish , it's not illegal either , just morally wrong .

This Is what the Tories have done since 2010 , push the blame and go after the weak , ill and disabled whilst offering tax breaks to the wealthy and powerful , that's the kind of society they believe in .

The current health of the government tells you they are wrong .

I'm aware as of yesterday a 22 year old lad locally who is autistic , can't walk very far unaided , he has the brain of a 3 year old child and the government say he is fit to work , his benefit was cut by half and soon it will end permanently .

His mother who is a widow and cared for him now works to make ends meet and he's cared for by his elderly grandparents .

If that's the kind of society we want then fair enough but just remember to never lose your job , suffer long term health issues or become disabled because your on your own and you will be the leech in society .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Easy to pick out and blame the weakest members of society for the country's woes isn't it ?

I don't doubt there are people on benefit who are capable of work and it is wrong that the rest of us in society have to pay for their lifestyle choice and I'm with any government who ends this practice , this isn't illegal in some cases by the way it's just morally wrong .

What I wish to see is a government prepared to attack the tax avoiders including big business with the same relish , it's not illegal either , just morally wrong .

This Is what the Tories have done since 2010 , push the blame and go after the weak , ill and disabled whilst offering tax breaks to the wealthy and powerful , that's the kind of society they believe in .

The current health of the government tells you they are wrong .

I'm aware as of yesterday a 22 year old lad locally who is autistic , can't walk very far unaided , he has the brain of a 3 year old child and the government say he is fit to work , his benefit was cut by half and soon it will end permanently .

His mother who is a widow and cared for him now works to make ends meet and he's cared for by his elderly grandparents .

If that's the kind of society we want then fair enough but just remember to never lose your job , suffer long term health issues or become disabled because your on your own and you will be the leech in society .
    Wasting your time with some of the halfwits on here mate, can't see beyond the end of their noses some of them, they just peer over the edge of the sun/mail and believe all that's shoved down their throats.

As you've said, no one wants to see anyone milking the system, and i'd bet that most of us know someone who has/does, and they should be dealt with of course, but the difference between how much is lost to the country through benefit cheating and tax evasion/avoidance is absolutely huge. This gov't is killing it's own people indirectly with their policies, with children being particularly affected...
    http://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j2285
    Last edited by millmoormagic; 19-11-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Telling me there are no scroungers on benefits ? Lmfao

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast