+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: £20m tug of war

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Couttsy probably lookin at some of the reading material Billy took in for him
    You been looking on FB Bully?

Bit of photo- shopping going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Goin to be interesting kids spent time at a big club and knows his chances will be limited I think that's why he's happy here he's getting game time I believe he wants to stay so that's one excuse KK can't use
    KK,who dat den Bully? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    There's also the fact that he will play whilst at BDBL and, if he continues to develop, there will be even more interest in him thus increasing the price tag.

There's also an n outside chance he might reach the PL with SUFC so, hopefully,the powers that be have a vested interested in not selling for a change.

Can they appreciate the win, win position for once?
    To be fair I'd be gutted if he went but even I couldn't complain if it was for £20m. As long as Wilder was given as much as he needed to replace and strengthen.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    To be fair I'd be gutted if he went but even I couldn't complain if it was for £20m. As long as Wilder was given as much as he needed to replace and strengthen.
    That would be the next big question CD.

It is a catch 22 with Brooks whereas others have been more understandable eg Slew but Brooks seems ATM to be a cut above most that have moved on and could be a big part of a promotion push.

its a fine line this one if were still thereabouts in early january without coutts might be worth hanging on to the boy wonder then if we do fail to go up could still be sold for a considerable fee in the summer allowing chris to make major signings for another push next season ive an open mind on this just hope the club doesnt accept the first offer we receive for him as is par for the course with united utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    And that’s the big IF C_d

The other issue Wilder would have is that he’s built the team on a sensible pay structure and that’s part of the togetherness. No Berty big bollox’s on substantially bigger wages like Hammon, so IF he’s given decent backing, how would he bring in midfield players as good as Coutts and Brooks who would fit into our pay scale?

I think we’ll still be still looking decent players from the lower leagues TBH even if we sold Brooks, so I hope we keep him and review the matter at the end of the season when we know where we’re at. If he continues in the sane vein, he could be worth another £10m come May or we might even be in a position to tell clubs to pee off.

Why don't we see where we are after the next couple of games.
    You know,trust Wilder to keep the wheels on the wagon.
    We are not a one man team and if I was any player other than Coutts reading some of the posts here and on S2 I'd be pi55ed off there seems to be so little faith in the squad as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Why don't we see where we are after the next couple of games.
    You know,trust Wilder to keep the wheels on the wagon.
    We are not a one man team and if I was any player other than Coutts reading some of the posts here and on S2 I'd be pi55ed off there seems to be so little faith in the squad as a whole.
    Totally agree. I said on S2 neither Lundstram or Carruthers has had a decent run in the team, and we’ve only got to look at Clarke to see what that can bring to a players’s game.

yeah your both right these 2 lads were brought to the club by chris as part of a squad that can all step up to the plate when asked it doesnt help them that the player they are going to cover for was in the best form of his life and was at the heart of our engine room so lets give em a chance if there not up to it make no mistake chris will act in january

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Unfortunately the injury to Coutts may force the issue. We can't afford for Fleck to get injured also without quality cover it will derail our season. Our high intensity game is already causing a number of injuries and our squad needs to be able to cover this. If we continue to be in the automatic places come January the Board will have some big decisions to make. We will not have a better chance of going up.

I don't see the mindset of McCabe and co changing because they don't have the money to invest so don't expect any significant funds that could make a difference in the next transfer window. We will be in the Cole and Leonard market only.

We need two quality midfield replacements unless the current back ups suprise us in the next 8 games and turn out to be as good or better than Fleck and Coutts, that is highly unlikely. There are also no guarantees yet that Blackman and CCV will be here for the rest of the season.

The way to finance a push for the premiership is to sell Brooks. Unless McCabe pulls a Chinese investor out of the hat whether we like it or not this is the only option. I don't like it because he could be worth double the figure quoted at the end of the season if we go up.

In a parallel universe I'd like to imagine we have a Board that will provide a huge boost to the transfer fund and say Brooks is going nowhere, but that won't happen. We can continue to hope that we'll get promotion on the cheap by scraping through the play offs like Huddersfield or we can build in some contingency by investing significant funds and go for automatic.

So who will twitch first? probably the most important transfer window coming up in many a year.
    Personally don't think a lot will change in terms of strategy. Maybe a little more funds made available to allow a Coutts replacement

CW and AK already have their targets in mind. The board will already have been made aware of these and now we need one more. Wouldn't even surprise me if the target for Coutts replacement is already on that original list because CW knows we lack suitable cover in that area anyway

We'll see, but for me, whatever was in mind regards strategy for Jan hasn't changed an awful lot since Friday night

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast