+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ot - The Man on the moon

ot - The Man on the moon

For all you TV and Film fans on here, this film is on Bbc 1 right now (as I post this at about 1am) and I want to ask do any of you know the man that Jim Carrey is playing in the film here, who was Andy Kaufman.
    I was never into the sitcom 'Taxi' because it was mostly before my time, but apparently this Kaufman went out of his way to be ridiculous and to get viewers interested for all the wrong/right reasons.
    What about him having a real physical argument with Jerry Lawler the WWF wrestler, on that live chat show. I think that has since proved to be total cr*ap hasnt it.
    And the subject about his 'death', and whether he did pass away after all and was the final joke that he still lived as one of his characters (which the audience werent meant to know about) ?.

I really enjoyed it. Amazed that so many of the public didn't realise how much of his stuff was fake / staged.
    A loss of a great talent at such a young age but it wouldn't surprise me if he had faked his own death.
    He had a good writing partner in Bob Zmuda who was involved in making the film. He's done a lot of books on Kaufman but a lot is exaggerated so there are questions over what to actually believe. 😂

I dont know if your a fan of Jim Carrey's films Grim, but for me hes a really good and varied and mostly under rated actor.
    Yes we all expect the wacky Ace Ventura & The Mask & Dumb and dumber stuff which he does well and that does make me laugh admittedly.
    But along with this film about Andy Kaufman, have you seen another one he did called The Truman show ?.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)