+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Show a bit of class Pulis and resign.

Show a bit of class Pulis and resign.

What a refreshing change it would make if he held up his hands and walked away.

I won't hold my breath waiting for this to happen but in my eyes he'd be the bigger man if he did do it.

Repay the fans for the way they waited until the end to vent their spleen........the few hundred that were left by that stage!

Quite remarkable how the fans,to a man,stayed off the players backs during that horror show and pretty much left Pulis alone until after the fourth went in.

A patient lot our fans are TP so show them the respect they deserve and walk away.

Hey up Mick. Ok I know this is none of my business but as Im online right now, Id like to ask then....
    Who do you all want to replace Tony Pulis if it does happen ?.

What are your clubs/fans expectations for now, and maybe for the next 3 years for example ?.
    Is it about results and maybe winning things, or is it about at least holding your own and finishing mid table etc., or is it about just avoiding the drop and 4th from bottom etc.
    Are you playing any 'good' football right now under Pulis, and the results will suggest your not of course.

I think he's already gone Mick. You heard the interview.

We haven't played "good" football for over 2 years now, but this year it has become even worse. I wouldn't mind if we played hoof ball as in the Hodgson days (though I'd rather we didn't) but we don't. We play one striker, one attacking midfielder and 8 defensive players, or players who are forced to play defensively by TP. Occasionally one or 2 of the back 9 find themselves in attacking mode.
    We play like this v Chelsae, we play like this v Huddersfield. We create one or two chances per match then Pulis bemoans the fact that we disn't score from one of the chances, obliviously overlooking the fact that the opposition have had 10+ chances they haven't converted.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey up Mick. Ok I know this is none of my business but as Im online right now, Id like to ask then....
    Who do you all want to replace Tony Pulis if it does happen ?.

What are your clubs/fans expectations for now, and maybe for the next 3 years for example ?.
    Is it about results and maybe winning things, or is it about at least holding your own and finishing mid table etc., or is it about just avoiding the drop and 4th from bottom etc.
    Are you playing any 'good' football right now under Pulis, and the results will suggest your not of course.
    No, I know I'm not Mickd...
    At this precise moment in time I would like a Pearson/Shakespeare combination as they worked a good partnership several times culminating at Leicester. I think they are both available and have done the job before albeit in lower leagues but have proved they can do it at the top level. The argument of a lot fans that Pearson is an obnoxious sort of bloke and would probably upset a few people..but a lot of our back room boys need some upsetting believe me, there are a few that can ignore that fact and recognise the coaching abilities of Pearson, Mick is one of those I believe.

Some are advocating Sam Allerdyce and would prefer a manager who has more than one charge of 'taking the bung' and I believe a little bit of corruption has been bandied about a bit...for me, not Sam at any price.

Who knows? if NP/CS can do the same for us as they did for Foxes and get us into a decent position in the league the same thing could happen again...not sure about winning the whole shooting match but the possibility of attracting high quality personnel both playing and managers if things went completely tits up with Nigel (who is really a nice man...a very nice man)...

The futures bright it's navy blue and white.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    We haven't played "good" football for over 2 years now, but this year it has become even worse. I wouldn't mind if we played hoof ball as in the Hodgson days (though I'd rather we didn't) but we don't. We play one striker, one attacking midfielder and 8 defensive players, or players who are forced to play defensively by TP. Occasionally one or 2 of the back 9 find themselves in attacking mode.
    We play like this v Chelsae, we play like this v Huddersfield. We create one or two chances per match then Pulis bemoans the fact that we disn't score from one of the chances, obliviously overlooking the fact that the opposition have had 10+ chances they haven't converted.
    Ive heard messrs Shearer & co on the Bbc, and Le Tissier & co on Sky all be quite critical of Pulis' tactics recently, and I think it was only a matter of time Chris before he was sacked wasnt it. And I say that once again here as somebody looking in, who is just interested as a neutral.
    So now hes gone, I see various names are being suggested not only by your fans, but theres the usual nonsensical gossip in the papers and on the telly.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)