+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fao:champs

Fao:champs

Morning champs
    I know you went yesterday and just wondered how we played
    Did antonsson play well?I know he got 2 goals but sometimes that isn't the whole story and what about us offensively?did we look a real force or just extremely clinical?

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Morning champs
    I know you went yesterday and just wondered how we played
    Did antonsson play well?I know he got 2 goals but sometimes that isn't the whole story and what about us offensively?did we look a real force or just extremely clinical?
    Good afternoon Robin.
    Antonsson was decent again yesterday. He is not a central striker, but I do think he is effective on the left. 2 fantastic goals yesterday. His first was a brilliant hit. I quite like him, he causes problems. I always think he looks better away from home. We really are starting to look a force. Dack is quality. If we go up, he will step up to the champ with ease. He is the best player in the division. 9 out of our last 10 goals he has had a hand in. And he's scoring goals himself. I think he will end up around the 18-20 mark. And a similar amount of assists. We look great going forward. I wouldn't be rushing to put Conway back in. Whitingham wasn't at his best, and hasn't been most of the season. I still say he will,come good the longer the season goes on. Smallwood does the scruffy stuff really well. Bennett is a great pro, always consistent. Nutall missed a sitter in the 1st half. But he did look pretty good, solid. What we have is a BIG physical side now. That's what makes a huge difference at this level. And that touch of class (Dack, Mulgrew etc)We need to make Dowing a permanent signing. He never puts a foot wrong. At the back, we are very solid. I still maintain, we still haven't got going yet. But we are building momentum. We will catch Wigan (by Xmas) and once Shrewsbury start to get suspensions (they lost a key man yesterday) and injuries, they will go on a poor run. But that point we will have built a head of steam. Keeping ourselves in this, without playing well has been completely over-looked. Most will fear playing us from now. Most our lads are big 6ft units, the defence is sorted. We have class in the side. And Mowbrays caution has kept us alive.
    Don't believe yesterday was a case of turn up and win. Bury had just lost in the cup, the chairman had gotten into the players, and they were fired up yesterday. For the 1st 10 mins, they were on top. After that we bossed it. We took near on 4 thousand (I always got told by Burnley fans that we wouldn't get these numbers down here) it was our biggest away following for 8 seasons, yesterday. And like almost every away game (apart from a very in-form Oldham) we where brilliant AGAIN yesterday. My next game is Bristol Rovers next sat. I can't make Oxford. I now really look forward to games (for the first time since way before Allardyce took over) especially away games. Yesterday was a brilliant day out. And Rovers where excellent.
    COYB .......apologies for the positive post. I urge any Rovers fan to get down to games. Everyone stated we want our Rovers back, we we are, but at home we need more fans to bother.
    Last edited by champs95; 19-11-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Great to see you enjoying your football again Champs..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Great to see you enjoying your football again Champs..
    This is level I started watching football. This is where real football fans exist. I feel more association with the other fans, the players, the club, away matches etc. I'd probably lose interest if they ever got back to the over-hyped bore fest league. Although I don't see that happening for a long time. Our level is the champ, it always has been. But I'm really enjoying football at this level. It's entertainment.
    Hope your well Alferoo? How's tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    This is level I started watching football. This is where real football fans exist. I feel more association with the other fans, the players, the club, away matches etc. I'd probably lose interest if they ever got back to the over-hyped bore fest league. Although I don't see that happening for a long time. Our level is the champ, it always has been. But I'm really enjoying football at this level. It's entertainment.
    Hope your well Alferoo? How's tricks?
    Yep,I'm okay mate..Keep plodding along,a bit like the Clarets..In fact I'd say the Clarets are plodding along a bit better then me at the moment..lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yep,I'm okay mate..Keep plodding along,a bit like the Clarets..In fact I'd say the Clarets are plodding along a bit better then me at the moment..lol

Are you sure your ok Alf?? I hope you are. Let me know pal.
    Clarets are now an established Prem side (until Dyche leaves then it's time for Big Sam .....oh the irony!!)

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Are you sure your ok Alf?? I hope you are. Let me know pal.
    Clarets are now an established Prem side (until Dyche leaves then it's time for Big Sam .....oh the irony!!)
    Yep,im okay mate,still doing plenty of walking etc..I've put the mountain bike away until next summer now..lol

Thanks champs for the uplifting and informative post
    Glad we looked as good as the scoreline suggested I just hope my match report on Wednesday morning will have the same glow
    I am at the game with a grumpy Leeds fan who has never seen us win so hopefully that will change.

As Robin said, Champs - an excellent, informative post.
    Our defensive record in away games is exceptional, but we have been a bit guilty of not converting chances. Let's hope that's changed now.
    Hope you see a good game at Oxford, Robin.
    Give me a wave. I'll be watching from 13000 miles!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)