+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: guesses on when and who will by the toon

guesses on when and who will by the toon

i dont think it will be done soon

if all 4 parties are doing due diligence and once they have done it the negotiating will start

with ash in a very strong position

stronger than people may think

he doesnt have to sell but wants to

the new tv deals are announced in Febuary so he will know he will be getting more money then .and potential buyers may want to get it done before then to make use of this money and borrow against it for funds in January

we wont go down so there will be no immediate need to spend big in January

as the results continue to go against rafa the crowd wil loose affection towards him and ash will be in a strong position

i tink it will get done late november maybe early december.

if a deal gets done at all but im sure ash will get what he wants and more

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i dont think it will be done soon

i tink it will get done late november maybe early december.
    Erm........

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

we wont go down so there will be no immediate need to spend big in January

as the results continue to go against rafa
    And this works how?

If we don't spend in January, going down is exactly what we're at risk of.

we will spend buyt it wont need to be big

some were saying due dilligence at a club like ours could be done in a week (quite clearly it cant as we are 3-4 weeks into it already)

i think the offers will start to get pushed around the table in the next 4 weeks or so

and i think because of january and the new deal in febuary once ash decides who he wants to see it to it will happen quick

We'll have to spend big-ish.

Ashley wouldn't release the funds for a striker (whether Rafa spent a lot of what he had on Murphy believing more was to come is a moot point-the fact is we needed a decent outlay on a striker) and now we're seeing exactly what £5 mil gets you.

Obviously, if we can get a striker in a similar way to how we got Merino, i.e. under the radar and looking like an absolute steal for what we paid for him then it'd be good to only have to spend that but that's unlikely...so we'll have to spend. We're struggling massively to score goals and that has to be addressed properly.

Can't beat a bit of comedy on a Sunday afternoon.

"by the toon" ?? Hmmm..... Give us a f*ckin' break man !

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    We'll have to spend big-ish.

Ashley wouldn't release the funds for a striker (whether Rafa spent a lot of what he had on Murphy believing more was to come is a moot point-the fact is we needed a decent outlay on a striker) and now we're seeing exactly what £5 mil gets you.

Obviously, if we can get a striker in a similar way to how we got Merino, i.e. under the radar and looking like an absolute steal for what we paid for him then it'd be good to only have to spend that but that's unlikely...so we'll have to spend. We're struggling massively to score goals and that has to be addressed properly.
    we only need to get a point a game
    there are teams way below us that are no threat to us

we wont go down and we wont need to buy big
    no one does in january
    and theose below us and who are really threatened with relegation wont have the money

Because football has been well and truly sold to the devil and the very fact that we want to see our club compete with the best, then I hope it's someone as rich as those owners of the clubs that are looked on as the elite.

I'd rather watch us be thought of as a worry for the big hitters rather than a sweepstake for how many goals their teams score against us.

I'll accept that and also accept us being called a plastic club with plastic fans by those clubs who do not have the same super rich owners, just like we do about their clubs.

I'm fed up of waiting for things to come good by average players doing their best to graft hard.

Soooooo, basically, if Amanda Staveley is dealing the coin for the super rich in terms of putting us on the map of elites, then I'll guess it to be her and whoever she is setting into motion.

As long as this is a long term ongoing thing and not a fly by night hit and run that leaves us holed and sinking into the depths of despair, never to return to play on the bigger stage, then let's get it on and let's have something to smile about with the added potential of having a good idea of going to graft in a happy mood for a large percentage of the season......potentially.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)