+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New Era

Thoroughly enjoyed that today. I can’t remember the last time I left a Utd match saying that. Best game I’ve seen Robson play, he linked well with King. Fyvie my MOTM, but in truth there were lots of contenders. We could have scored 7 or 8. If we can perform to that standard from now on, then the futures bright.

No failures today, Flood immense first half aswell just like St Mirren game

Our closing down in packs was good to see, King and Robson on the left combining well, reminded me of Conway/Kalvenes a bit

Fraser excellent again, Fyvie too, McDonald aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Only negative was expecting a bigger crowd today.

Yup, disappointing, we should be getting 6000 home fans minimum

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Yup, disappointing, we should be getting 6000 home fans minimum
    Will be now

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Between us , St Mirren, Pars and Livi this second quarter of the season is likely to be defining. Whichever team can manage to win 8 or 9 out of 10 I suspect is going to establish a points advantage which will prove difficult for the others to reel back in. So far we've won 3 out of the 4 so let's keep pushing on..........

Inverness are in form and not conceded in 7 games, only them and St Mirren along with ourselves will win this league

Dunfy and Livi won't but will be up there

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Inverness are in form and not conceded in 7 games, only them and St Mirren along with ourselves will win this league

Dunfy and Livi won't but will be up there
    ICT wont win league imo - they will get top 4 ahead of one of the aforementioned. QoS still ludicrously hovering around

first time we have put a 90 min performance in since being in the championship, that was a joy to watch at times - movement, passing, combinations - cant say I've said that too much last few seasons, or ever. Dont like sticking the knife in, but the performances since Ray left have been night and day. Plenty of positives, but a long way to go, and far tougher tests ahead than Falkirk today, that's for sure, cant imagine other teams given us the space they did today.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    first time we have put a 90 min performance in since being in the championship, that was a joy to watch at times - movement, passing, combinations - cant say I've said that too much last few seasons, or ever. Dont like sticking the knife in, but the performances since Ray left have been night and day. Plenty of positives, but a long way to go, and far tougher tests ahead than Falkirk today, that's for sure, cant imagine other teams given us the space they did today.
    The knife needs to be stuck in and twished. The Weegie Mafia saying it was kneejerk and
    panic getting rid of RM are utterly clueless. Last three games OR Brechin H Dumbarton H St M A Falkirk A Livi A......???

Got shot just in time. Czaba and Ellis will take us up now as long as we steer clear of too many more injuries as our second XI was honking last week! Demanding an expecting a wee 10 to 12 game unbeaten run now. At the least.

My first thought tonight was for Ray. Offered his dream job, managing the club he played for and supports. He'll maybe look back and realise he took it too early and should have turned it down. If he'd stayed at Raith he might have gone on to Kilmarnock or similar, and come to United with the experience needed to succeed. But you have to wonder where he might surface next. Anyway good luck Ray, arabest.

As to Csaba, yes, lets hope this is the start of a new era. This performance didn't come out of nothing, he's obviously been working with the players behind the scenes, and installed some passion and motivation. Without seeing the game it sounds as if he released something that was missing under Ray, maybe that attacking up and at em attitude that Ray couldn't or wouldn't instill.

Either way, we're now in a great position, hopefully some of the fans who gave up under Ray will start to come back and help us on to winning this league and building for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    Well done Shabba, the players and the back room staff.

That was outstanding today, put a huge smile on my face.

What we have been craving for a long time - a team that looks like it knows what it's supposed to be doing, playing at pace with passion and desire.

Every player can be proud of that performance today, very unlucky not to have run up 6 or 7 goals.

Fyvie was immense, as was King and Fraser. Best game I've seen from Robson, Scobbie making a big difference at the back.

From my seat I'm sure (and so were a good few around me) that Fraser's effort off the bar went over the line and spun out....

As for big Shabba - loved seeing him prowl about the technical area, full of energy.

Roll on next week
    This is very welcome and long overdue, long may it continue!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)