+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Era

The New Era

Well done Shabba, the players and the back room staff.

That was outstanding today, put a huge smile on my face.

What we have been craving for a long time - a team that looks like it knows what it's supposed to be doing, playing at pace with passion and desire.

Every player can be proud of that performance today, very unlucky not to have run up 6 or 7 goals.

Fyvie was immense, as was King and Fraser. Best game I've seen from Robson, Scobbie making a big difference at the back.

From my seat I'm sure (and so were a good few around me) that Fraser's effort off the bar went over the line and spun out....

As for big Shabba - loved seeing him prowl about the technical area, full of energy.

Roll on next week

We have waited a year and half for a performance like that in the championship. High tempo, crisp passing, using width, attacking formation using wing backs. Should have been a lot more than 3. We keep performing like that we will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post

Fyvie was immense, as was King and Fraser. Best game I've seen from Robson, Scobbie making a big difference at the back.

From my seat I'm sure (and so were a good few around me) that Fraser's effort off the bar went over the line and spun out....
    You must have been sitting near me then as i thought the same.

Its great to see that the players have been given a good kick up the arch and i think told to express themselves a bit! Durnan had a couple of runs today that were different class along with 2 sublime diagonal balls that went straight to their men in acres of space. What i liked best was how far up the park Doc and Robson were at times with others filling in when required.

Great to see Miller and Kerr put back in their place!

On that form today Fraser Fyvie is far too good for this level

Excellent performance, like you say they knew what they were doing against a very one dimensional Falkirk. Fraser was a standout for me, dare I say in the Charlie Miller role. This league is all about doing the basics right. If we are organised then our better football players should mean we win the league easily. Only negative was expecting a bigger crowd today.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    On that form today Fraser Fyvie is far too good for this level
    He was superb today. Great performance by whole team though. Can't remember the last time we dominated a game like that for 90 minutes.

They must have been pyshed oot their heads in the Hospo today for picking Fraser as MOTM,yes he was good,very good but Fraser Fyvie was simply outstanding.Maybe the boys just scribbled doon Fraser on the napkin and they announced the wrong one over the tannoy.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    They must have been pyshed oot their heads in the Hospo today for picking Fraser as MOTM,yes he was good,very good but Fraser Fyvie was simply outstanding.Maybe the boys just scribbled doon Fraser on the napkin and they announced the wrong one over the tannoy.
    a 12 year old picked the MotM today. Thought King and Durnan were up there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    a 12 year old picked the MotM today. Thought King and Durnan were up there as well!
    Ach well that explain's it then mate,you are correct though to mention King Billy and Mark(Baresi)Durnan.

I thought we lacked momentum due to last weeks cup defeat

Na seriously every player is slowly upping their game week by week and if Southampton were there today then we'll be getting 1m for Robson in January.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)