+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fixture List ?

Fixture List ?

What has happened with common sense when it comes to working out the fixtures nowadays, I thought they were supposed to be impartial? I had it pointed out yesterday that at a time that gates have been historically low because of Xmas shopping etc we have only 1 away day Saturday between now & then, is this fair on the majority of fans who are going to get some serious grief from the "other half" when it comes to games? at least 2 of our smoking/vaping crew admitted yesterday that they would be forced into missing at least one game & obviously our loss is Forests gain, what with trips like Yeovil on Tuesday the fixture list doesn't seem to have done us many favours again this season!

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    What has happened with common sense when it comes to working out the fixtures nowadays, I thought they were supposed to be impartial? I had it pointed out yesterday that at a time that gates have been historically low because of Xmas shopping etc we have only 1 away day Saturday between now & then, is this fair on the majority of fans who are going to get some serious grief from the "other half" when it comes to games? at least 2 of our smoking/vaping crew admitted yesterday that they would be forced into missing at least one game & obviously our loss is Forests gain, what with trips like Yeovil on Tuesday the fixture list doesn't seem to have done us many favours again this season!
    "Computer says no"

It does come up with some strange fixtures. In recent times we seem to have two home games then two away games. No game on the Bank Holiday Monday in August, and no local derbies over Christmas and New Year when attendances could be maximised due to people being off work or back home visiting friends and family. Also why do we have to go to places like Yeovil in midweek, like we did Exeter? There are plenty of clubs closer to home than those two, but not too local they become derbies.

As old pie says it’s the computer that does it and obviously is not programmed to apply such logic in its software so it’s a no.