+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Nights Out Back In The Day

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'm a bit of an odd ball though mate. Certainly no killjoy don't get me wrong. I love a social drink but in a more reserved place than a tarn centre boozer on a Friday neet.

I went with the flow through all my late ****s and early 20s cos I didn't have the courage to say what I really felt about neets art back then. Everyone young likes to be liked and I was no exception. Couldn't care less nowadays. Aif o them lads were aquintences/work colleagues rather than friends but I din't want to upset em or the apple cart. We ed some laughs dunt get me wrong but deep darn it was never really my cup of tea. My focus was always on the Saturday for the reds match. Nowt else mattered. Funny how pier pressure can allow to dictate how you live your life as a kid. Looking back I was a ***** for not saying what i felt or following my instincts and doing what I really wanted to do on a Friday night. I wasted too many hours of my life playing the Friday night game/routine.

Its no criticism at aĺl of anyone who likes their rowdy neets art. Each and everyone to their own though innit mate.
    Ferkin odd ball alright!
    I expect that the reason you didn't like nights out was because no fecker could probably understand you - looked at you like a clown most likely?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    Politics doesn't have much to do with this thread, but I can't help thinking that Blair's vision for a European drinking culture has failed miserably. They should never have mucked about with the licencing laws. When pubs shut at 11pm the places were heaving. I know there's more to it than that, supermarket prices and so on, but for me that was when everything changed.

As a young bloke I had some great nights out with my mates, sometimes just doing the locals, sometimes off into town. Out most nights, rain or shine, sometimes catching the last bus back and having last orders in the local, other times walking back to Worsbro and stopping off at chipshop on way home. Now and again we'd go on to a nightclub, but even they shut at 2am.

All that seems to have disappeared now. I feel sorry for these young uns nowadays, I know the world's moved on, but I really think something special's been lost.
    Think the smoking ban caused most of the current problems - made people think and drink at home - it's now the way for lots of people.

Smoking ban along with relaxed opening hours and all day and all night at some places drinking .

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Ferkin odd ball alright!
    I expect that the reason you didn't like nights out was because no fecker could probably understand you - looked at you like a clown most likely?

Probably

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Ferkin odd ball alright!

But then again if I lived in Beeston or somewhere as sh1tty I'd av bin gagging forra good night art to escape the shanty

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I'm a fast drinker and hate queuing for a beer. That's why I don't go out so much these days. I could quite easily sink 8 pints before the match tonight if I could get to the bar quick enough.

Steady on lad! Tha'll be leading the five 'o' charge into the soul crew

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Young uns nowadays “Prink” (Pre Drinking) before they go out Animal....then they hit the clubs at midnight and stay out till 4 in the morning!
    It’s become the “thing to do” because they can’t afford to stay out from 7 till 4.
    I told my kids about *****cats and Frontier and they just say it sounds lame!!! No I retort, lame is sat at at home for 4 or 5 hours getting pissed before going out.
    Can you imagine kids nowadays lining up behind each other and thrusting away to “we’re having a gang bang”or sitting on the floor rocking from side to side to “oops up side your head”
    God I miss those days but the memories I have are priceless.
    Got to say though i’m 52 now and went round town on Saturday night after the Sunderland game with my son and mate and had a fantastic night out, I’ve forgot the name of it but we hit a soul club opposite tarn hall and had a really good time in there, and there was loads of people out that night!
    Yes, my mates lads do the same thing, case o beer at home then out at 10 til 4am.

seems to be a trend at our place for building whats loosely described as a 'summer house' in your back garden - either a big shed or an outbuilding with a telly, stereo and a bar. beats the smoking ban and queuing 3 deep for a pint I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Why don't you change your user name to Blue Flagged, much more appropriate.

My mistake Mr C
    It was the old Wesleyan building now Temperance House I think, about 17, Pitt St.
    It must be my age

Like fkin Batman and Robin yor two !

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    My mistake Mr C
    It was the old Wesleyan building now Temperance House I think, about 17, Pitt St.
    It must be my age
    Have got it.

The Temperance seven "Pasadena" "Every body loves my baby" and "O' your driving me crazy" they were good back in the day at neet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast