+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT/ the BBC and tv licence

Quote Originally Posted by fivetide View Post
    Quite right! Why pay the BBC £14 a month to see original programmes like Downton, Shetland, Blue Planet or Top Gear in full HD with no adverts when you can pay Murdoch three or four times that for channel after channel or low brow US stuff and tons of adverts into the bargain?

Don't forget to complain about all the cash the Premier League gets from Sky and how it has ruined football while making the problem worse....
    All of them programs are sh1t with amateur actors in and seriously your bothered about adverts with a pause button on virgin and sky oh wow.

Game of thrones , flash ,arrow, bones, strike back,house, law and order, living the dream, the walking dead, a league of their own, Hawaii five 0 on sky then you have classics like only fools and horses porridge, faulty towers ,Ab Fab , men behaving badly and new red dwarf on gold. Old game shows on challenge and free films on film 4 and better documentary’s on history and discovery and your seriously telling me you think a **** broadcasting channel like bbc is better?

Oh by the way football was ruined way back in the 60s when wage caps came off and then again and again people thrown silly money at these players all thanks to plonkers in that generation. Oh yeah PL also get money from BBC or do you think PL gives them match of the day for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    then you have classics like only fools and horses porridge, faulty towers ,Ab Fab , men behaving badly and new red dwarf on gold.
    All originally made for the BBC and paid for by the licence fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    All originally made for the BBC and paid for by the licence fee.
    But not shown any more on bbc because bbc has gone out of date. (Also I mentioned in a previous post that in 90s when these programs were made bbc had some decent stuff on.) However it’s like a video tape (gone out of date, had its day, serves no purpose) with its main show being British bake off which they sold to channel 4 it pretty much tells you that the crowds bbc pull into it are people over 55 and it’s slowly losing them.

It's such an outdated system, why can't it be an optional subscription? There is literally nothing stopping them from doing this in the same way that you have to subscribe for Sky or Virgin Media etc. Nothing apart from greed.

In my opinion we shouldn't be forced to pay this ridiculous fee, there should be a nationwide vote where every household has to decide Yes or No.

We pay ours within our pole taxy thing. We do have a free view box and watch loads of Britttish tv.

I thought the licence was set up and anyone with equipment that could receive BBC had to pay it. It there wasn't a tv in the house but a radio was found then a smaller fee was demanded for the radio licence.

I dd hear that the BBC may be forced to part fund other regional news programms such as Calender.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    It's such an outdated system, why can't it be an optional subscription? There is literally nothing stopping them from doing this in the same way that you have to subscribe for Sky or Virgin Media etc. Nothing apart from greed.

In my opinion we shouldn't be forced to pay this ridiculous fee, there should be a nationwide vote where every household has to decide Yes or No.
    I agree if people want to watch it then fine pay but if you don’t then you should be able to phone sky or virgin or even bbc themselves and cancel it. However if you look at the law anyone who owns a tv is required to pay it or let bbc cronies into their house so they can confirm you don’t have free view on your tv.

However as it is now bbc is no better than someone claiming benefits because they are a business that people have no choice to pay for a service that they may or may not use and to make it worse they don’t even have to compete for funding.

Also do you think it’s right that we get itv channel 4 and 5 for free and have been for years now and yet bbc we have to pay for?

To me it’s completely bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    We pay ours within our pole taxy thing. We do have a free view box and watch loads of Britttish tv.

I thought the licence was set up and anyone with equipment that could receive BBC had to pay it. It there wasn't a tv in the house but a radio was found then a smaller fee was demanded for the radio licence.
    Sounds about right frog (by the way sorry for this rant but it’s been building up awhile with the scandals and mindless dribble that’s on tv now days)

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

The requirement for a radio license ended in 1971, Frog. I didn't know you'd been gone for so long...

Don't tell me we have to break the news to you about decimalisation as well?��

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    The requirement for a radio license ended in 1971, Frog. I didn't know you'd been gone for so long...

Don't tell me we have to break the news to you about decimalisation as well?��
    Iv been hearing story’s of bbc in forcing out of date laws for years now CT so it wouldn’t shock me if it was true.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast