+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT/ the BBC and tv licence

OT/ the BBC and tv licence

Can someone exsplain to me how can the bbc justify taking money off us for a channel some of us never watch and pay the likes of chris Evans around 2 million for doing radio and the one show now and then. Isn’t the bbc a outdated system in modern society. Back in the 90s it was a channel that had stuff for everybody and no adverts now it’s a channel with dancing competitions crappy soaps that never seem to get better and the old talk show that have people talking about field mice and other useless crap. With sky and virgin you have a pause button so what’s the point on having no adverts. With all theses candles how are they still going? Honestly I don’t get why we even have to pay for the bbc when people abroad can get it for free apparently. Oh let’s not forget that if your a good boy at Christmas bbc will put a age 12 film on at 10pm when all 12 year olds are asleep and still cut all swearing out just incase your a nun.

Wow I feel better now after that rant sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Can someone exsplain to me how can the bbc justify taking money off us for a channel some of us never watch and pay the likes of chris Evans around 2 million for doing radio and the one show now and then. Isn’t the bbc a outdated system in modern society. Back in the 90s it was a channel that had stuff for everybody and no adverts now it’s a channel with dancing competitions crappy soaps that never seem to get better and the old talk show that have people talking about field mice and other useless crap. With sky and virgin you have a pause button so what’s the point on having no adverts. With all theses candles how are they still going? Honestly I don’t get why we even have to pay for the bbc when people abroad can get it for free apparently. Oh let’s not forget that if your a good boy at Christmas bbc will put a age 12 film on at 10pm when all 12 year olds are asleep and still cut all swearing out just incase your a nun.

Wow I feel better now after that rant sorry about that

Don’t worry I’m with you on this one.

Just paid mine Silly I agree it is a total rip off for what you get.

I just don’t get why can’t we just give everyone sky and pay them instead not to mention bbc has to be the only company that don’t have to make an effort to get paid. It’s as fked up as our defence.

Another thing look at channels like sky one you see some amazing programs with graphics that make you go oh wow that’s awesome you look on bbc on something like dr who who lets face it a 4 year old child with face paints can do a better job.

Do you remember when you used to sit down on a Saturday watch cartoons with ya kids (or Mum in my case) then watch a film around noon then later noils house party followed by eastenders only fools and horses followed by a film or programs for grown ups. No pointless game shows where your quizzes to win f all no bunch of nobody’s who are calling them celebs being lead around a floor while people call it dancing and no crappy one show that shows mice as a main feature. F me we are paying these people to stick naff all on tv 24/7 a weak on multiple channels

It’s a luvvie channel for luvvies, the luvvies in charge give other luvvies more work.

You even need a TV license to watch BBC iplayer now as well.
    Mate of mine at work refuses to pay it, he doesn't watch any live TV and doesn't use iplayer. He just streams through Netflix/Amazon Prime etc and uses ITV player, more 4 and My5.

He has been given a declaration to show he doesn't need a license.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    You even need a TV license to watch BBC iplayer now as well.
    Mate of mine at work refuses to pay it, he doesn't watch any live TV and doesn't use iplayer. He just streams through Netflix/Amazon Prime etc and uses ITV player, more 4 and My5.

He has been given a declaration to show he doesn't need a license.
    Women in pub told me she didn’t pay it because she didn’t think she needed one since she only watched dvds and like your mate Netflix she got a tv licence guy ask to see her tv, she refused and he gave her a fine. (Don’t know what happened next not seen her since)

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Women in pub told me she didn’t pay it because she didn’t think she needed one since she only watched dvds and like your mate Netflix she got a tv licence guy ask to see her tv, she refused and he gave her a fine. (Don’t know what happened next not seen her since)
    I'm the same as dantpen's mate for my place in the UK. I have a certificate of exemption from the TV Licensing authority. Until a year ago it was OK to watch BBC iPlayer and the other repeat channels on my laptop without a licence. Now this is forbidden - which is a shame. (Netflix and other streaming services are OK but I suspect these may come under scrutiny soon.) This is tough given that we only need TV service a few days a year.

iplayer used to be easily available for free overseas; now you have to pay to access it. (I'm sure there are ways round it....)

Quite right! Why pay the BBC £14 a month to see original programmes like Downton, Shetland, Blue Planet or Top Gear in full HD with no adverts when you can pay Murdoch three or four times that for channel after channel or low brow US stuff and tons of adverts into the bargain?

Don't forget to complain about all the cash the Premier League gets from Sky and how it has ruined football while making the problem worse....

Quote Originally Posted by fivetide View Post
    Quite right! Why pay the BBC £14 a month to see original programmes like Downton, Shetland, Blue Planet or Top Gear in full HD with no adverts when you can pay Murdoch three or four times that for channel after channel or low brow US stuff and tons of adverts into the bargain?

Don't forget to complain about all the cash the Premier League gets from Sky and how it has ruined football while making the problem worse....
    Nice one 5T...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast