+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warne - The players didnt deserve defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think I must have taken a wrong turn on Saturday and attended a different game to you.

We were outplayed in nearly every position, Moore huffed and puffed on his own. Even when we went to 4-4-2 it still looked as though Shrewsbury had a full team on the pitch.

You mention (indirectly) the mistakes by Ajayi but for their second goal how did Shrewsbury end up on our half of the pitch in the first place? It was down to Newell waving his arms in the air appealing for a free kick instead of tracking their player who ran unopposed down the pitch. Defence isn't just the responsibility of the back 4 all of the other players have a part to play. But that's down to coaching which we don't do.
    Quite frankly bull, we're a professional football club, all those claiming we don't do defensive coaching is living in cloud cuckoo land, individual mistakes are exactly that, we were playing the top team in the division, who have a great defensive record and more than competed, indeed were unlucky in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    At the end of the day we should've got 3 points, the fact we didn't wasn't for the want of trying, the game was a very even affair and we were undone by rank bad defending by one player ultimately. Using a defeat against the league's top side to further spout your anti Warne bull is quite frankly ridiculous.

As for Warne's tactics, he was spot on with changing it to 4-4-2, almost immediately after they went down to ten men, unlucky then with the injury to the RB, and ultimately gambled in the last 10 chasing the 3 points, so called 'fans' should get a grip and realise where we are, where the majority of us pre season suggested we'd be happy with, let Warne continue to build the squad into a challenger.
    'As for Warne's tactics, he was spot on with changing it to 4-4-2, almost immediately after they went down to ten men'

We should have been 4-4-2 befog we even kicked off, as I'm sure you know that by now every manager in the league knows our stupid hoof ball football to Moore. Very easy to combat as you merely stick two players on Moore and our game plan has gone as we don't have a plan B.

Where's Captain Frecks when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'As for Warne's tactics, he was spot on with changing it to 4-4-2, almost immediately after they went down to ten men'

We should have been 4-4-2 befog we even kicked off, as I'm sure you know that by now every manager in the league knows our stupid hoof ball football to Moore. Very easy to combat as you merely stick two players on Moore and our game plan has gone as we don't have a plan B.

Haha, he's back on satdy to lead us to 3 points Brin, obviously!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

We can't play 4-4-2 cause we'd get overrun in midfield. Potter is at the veteran stage so we need 3 in midfield. What you do is have JCH playing not as a winger but left forward. Millmoormagic how was Warney's tactics spot on. We ended up with no left back. Ajayi whose confidence is shot & Mattock as Centre backs. A point would have been better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    We can't play 4-4-2 cause we'd get overrun in midfield. Potter is at the veteran stage so we need 3 in midfield. What you do is have JCH playing not as a winger but left forward. Millmoormagic how was Warney's tactics spot on. We ended up with no left back. Ajayi whose confidence is shot & Mattock as Centre backs. A point would have been better than nothing.
    If you read it back i said he was spot on changing it immediately they had a player sent off, we had no left back because we went 3 at the back, with your boy Vaulks as the right hand centre back.....get it? we were chasing the 3 points, they had ten players, if he had shut shop up you'd have been straight on here slating him for negativity, rather have a manager who is prepared to have a go all day long.

If you read it back i said he was spot on changing it immediately they had a player sent off, we had no left back because we went 3 at the back, with your boy Vaulks as the right hand centre back.....get it? we were chasing the 3 points, they had ten players, if he had shut shop up you'd have been straight on here slating him for negativity, rather have a manager who is prepared to have a go all day long.
    Was just plain stupidity. Who were the wing backs, Forde & Newell. Are you having a laugh. Give me the managers job. If I can't do any better I'll chuck myself in the River don & I can't swim!

Was just plain stupidity. Who were the wing backs, Forde & Newell. Are you having a laugh. Give me the managers job. If I can't do any better I'll chuck myself in the River don & I can't swim!
    Lol. Better get your arm bands ready then 😀

You really, really havent got a clue mate, you're fully entitled to your clueless opinion, but you really don't understand football at all, stick to racing tips.....oh, wait a minute..

If ever there was a reason to give you the managers job, that is it. Tony, sign him up.

You really, really havent got a clue mate, you're fully entitled to your clueless opinion, but you really don't understand football at all, stick to racing tips.....oh, wait a minute..
    Anyone who thought Warney was spot on with his tactics will be with the manager at the job centre. Warney has made a total b*lls-up of the squad. Can't see tone trusting the manager with another transfer window. Another job I could do better, head of recruitment. He's been next to useless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast