+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warne - The players didnt deserve defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Anyone who thought Warney was spot on with his tactics will be with the manager at the job centre. Warney has made a total b*lls-up of the squad. Can't see tone trusting the manager with another transfer window. Another job I could do better, head of recruitment. He's been next to useless.
    I agree with you on warne but what has recruitment guy done wrong he can pick targets all day long if money don’t come out to buy these players his job is pointless

Bit harsh with the recruitment comments.
    Without wanting to get into a debate again on how much say the recruitment guy had I think these players are decent acquisitions.
    Yes two are loans and there's been some duds but nevertheless they are great finds by RUFC

Potter, Towell, Williams, Moore and don't forget Proctor.
    Five first team players straight on the team sheet every week if fit.
    I'd trust PW and the recruitment bloke if they can find another 3 of that calibre in Jan

I think your post says it all - organised ,great system ,adaptable,play as a team and that's down to management - now compare that with our management team - constantly plays Williams on the right and Taylor or Ford on the left which means the quality of the crosses are poor.As for defence you have it bang on - only conceded 4 away from home all season - you build a team from the back ,this iis something Warne does not understand ,we have a different back four every week, he refuses to accept we need a defensive coach even though we have conceded so many goals -we continually play one up front - only when they went to 10 men did he change it .Thankyou for showing respect for other peoples posts.!

Don't know why some thinks it's Johnson's fault, he's not holding a gun at Warney's head.

Warney looks/listens/watche/consults I would think then makes his mind up if he wants the player or not, just a shame that some are getting blasted due to poor management

We did deserve to lose. too negative, hoofball, outfought, out thunk, out played, defensive shambles

...no problem then Warney

Head of recruitment: He'll look at players we can afford, hopefully research them. Then hopefully Warney gets the final say. Two bad moves by us. Letting Smallwood go to get a player in who looked ok to start with but now is looking like he'll want replacing in January. Also letting Dom Ball go out on loan when we only have Ihiewke good enough at Centre back. Also no established Right back good enough. Vaulks is better than what we've got here but needed in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Head of recruitment: He'll look at players we can afford, hopefully research them. Then hopefully Warney gets the final say. Two bad moves by us. Letting Smallwood go to get a player in who looked ok to start with but now is looking like he'll want replacing in January. Also letting Dom Ball go out on loan when we only have Ihiewke good enough at Centre back. Also no established Right back good enough. Vaulks is better than what we've got here but needed in midfield.
    I haven't gone quiet over Forde, I like him and think he can be a good player on the left, talentless is harsh but yes he's not very good on the right but that's down to management

I also think that with the right coaching Vaulks could maybe take Frecks place when needed

Oops the Forde bit is answering you from the other thread
    Last edited by millertop; 21-11-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123