+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warne - The players didnt deserve defeat.

Warne - The players didnt deserve defeat.

Speaking after yesterdays late defeat to table toppers Shrewsbury Town, boss Paul Warne speaks of his deflation after the game. - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    Speaking after yesterdays late defeat to table toppers Shrewsbury Town, boss Paul Warne speaks of his deflation after the game. - External Link
    You got what your tactics and “coaching” deserved Mr Warne

Usual crap Warne - take a good long look in the mirror.

you spout your usual crap bogs ... they didnt deserve to lose and if you thought they did then you didnt see the same game i did .. i tought it was a very even first half . and rotherham were well on top in the second half .. just because you play agaist ten men dosnt mean you wil win .. they went 5 at the back and 4 in the middle .. and said get trough us if you can . if it wasnt for there keeper and some very dogged defending we would have won. they have lost one game all season . conceding only 4 goals away from home. so what makes you think they deserved to win . cos all they did for me was waste time and fain injury ....

At the end of the day we should've got 3 points, the fact we didn't wasn't for the want of trying, the game was a very even affair and we were undone by rank bad defending by one player ultimately. Using a defeat against the league's top side to further spout your anti Warne bull is quite frankly ridiculous.

As for Warne's tactics, he was spot on with changing it to 4-4-2, almost immediately after they went down to ten men, unlucky then with the injury to the RB, and ultimately gambled in the last 10 chasing the 3 points, so called 'fans' should get a grip and realise where we are, where the majority of us pre season suggested we'd be happy with, let Warne continue to build the squad into a challenger.

I think PW should have gone for a much bolder 442 at the start rather than when we were chasing the game and 0-1 behind.
    We're at home and the 451 hasn't worked for a few games now.
    We were much better after the substitutions.

I think I must have taken a wrong turn on Saturday and attended a different game to you.

We were outplayed in nearly every position, Moore huffed and puffed on his own. Even when we went to 4-4-2 it still looked as though Shrewsbury had a full team on the pitch.

You mention (indirectly) the mistakes by Ajayi but for their second goal how did Shrewsbury end up on our half of the pitch in the first place? It was down to Newell waving his arms in the air appealing for a free kick instead of tracking their player who ran unopposed down the pitch. Defence isn't just the responsibility of the back 4 all of the other players have a part to play. But that's down to coaching which we don't do.

I didn't think it was that bad tbh, they were dirty/cheats imo, thought we were going to win when we equalised but sadly mistakes were made

I think I must have been seeing a different game because they looked like they were toying with us playing for time and ironically after we scored they stopped messing around and scored one back. Mmm I would love to know at what point did we look like we would win because I saw nothing like that.

I thought it was like donny away 2 poor teams huffing n puffing crap game again for me. Plenty of scope for improvement, especially at the back what a farce. UTM!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast