+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli

Free Agent in the summer and free to talk to clubs in January.

26 goals in 42 games for Nice.

He's worth a punt given what we have up front. Aye he can be a troublesome sometimes but i think he's had less bans than Mitrovic in his time at Nice.

What do you all think?

He'd automatically become our best striker but, with all the shit associated with him, I'd take him for 6 months this January but that's it.

Done well in France, but it's hard to forget just how awful he looked at Liverpool. Well maybe he is desperate to prove himself in England again. I'd take a chance on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    He'd automatically become our best striker but, with all the shit associated with him, I'd take him for 6 months this January but that's it.
    I'd sign him up to a 5yr deal. He's 27 now, he seems to be behaving himself off the pitch. We'd see his best years.

I say sign him up now!

Last edited by BenArfa10; 20-11-2017 at 12:15 AM.

I suspect he'd follow instructions even worse than Mitro

Agree he'd become our best striker straight away but can't see his character being a Rafa type personally.

Wouldn't his wage demands be astronomical?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I suspect he'd follow instructions even worse than Mitro

Agree he'd become our best striker straight away but can't see his character being a Rafa type personally.

Wouldn't his wage demands be astronomical?
    I doubt Nice are paying him more than we could. Besides no transfer fee means we could afford to pay him what he’s on now.

He’d be a big hit here and I’m sure Rafa will trust him if he isn’t a red card waiting to happen like Mitrovic

If the takeover happens I wouldn't be surprised if we bid for Sturridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    If the takeover happens I wouldn't be surprised if we bid for Sturridge.
    you don't need to be Stephen Hawking to know that any money spent on Sturridge will be going down a black hole. Such is his injury record. Balotelli is a safer bet as bizzarre as that sounds.

Speaking of Sturridge, I've met his agent playing seven-a-side football down in White City 4 yrs ago. I finished my 7-aside game was ready to go home and he asked if i could stay and play as his team was short on players. Gave me a ride to the tube station after the game, his ride was as flash as it gets. Anyways there were like 10 signed Sturridge liverpool shirts on the backseat, I asked what that's all about and he says he's his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    you don't need to be Stephen Hawking to know that any money spent on Sturridge will be going down a black hole. Such is his injury record. Balotelli is a safer bet as bizzarre as that sounds.
    Agree with this. If we had to have one of the two i'd pick Balotelli as at least he'll play.

I still don't think he's the type of player that Rafa would sign though.

Oh, I agree-wouldn't want him. Just see there's talk of him wanting out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)