+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's gone ..yes

He's gone ..yes

Good Riddance.

Whoooo Hooooo

Right.Now lets get a manager in who can get us out of a potential relegation fight. How about Tony Pulis.

I think the board have got this bang on, my mind was only made up after we played Huddersfield. Its the right decision for both parties, but lets give a bit of credit to Pulis. He has improved the squad, comfortably stayed up in each season and was the right man for the job for us when he was appointed.

For me, I just couldn't see where we could progress to after 2/3 years with him. Results are important, but so is enjoyment. I hope we pick a manager who isn't afraid to have a go at teams and I can start enjoying watching them again.

I hope Pulis gets a decent reception when he does inevitably plays us as manager of another side. He did a good job and has laid a good platform for the next manager, it was just time to part ways.

Well you have your wish. It will be interesting to see in future weeks whether it was Pulis or the players who were responsible for your league position.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Well you have your wish. It will be interesting to see in future weeks whether it was Pulis or the players who were responsible for your league position.
    I think most people on here would agree this is up there with one of the best squads we've had in the prem. Its definitely better than last seasons and we finished 10th last year.

The only Albion side that is comparable is when we finished 8th and we had Lukaku on loan for the season, with Shane Long and Odemwingie up top too.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I think most people on here would agree this is up there with one of the best squads we've had in the prem. Its definitely better than last seasons and we finished 10th last year.

The only Albion side that is comparable is when we finished 8th and we had Lukaku on loan for the season, with Shane Long and Odemwingie up top too.
    As I have stated before, I am not that convinced this is, by far, our best PL squad ever.

Looking at attacking options/forwards, and play them under any manager you like, and then compare:

Hal Robson-Kanu
    Jay Rodriguez
    José Salomon Rondón

with

Peter Odemwingie
    Romelu Lukaku
    Saido Berahino

and also Shane Long.

I know what I think...

Attacking midfielders (or with attacking potential, some were played more defensively) from not so long ago (a few still with us):

Paul Scharner
    Youssouf Mulumbu
    Morgan Amalfitano
    Jerome Thomas
    Graham Dorrans
    James Morrison
    Chris Brunt

Compared to our present attacking midfielders...

GK, same/same I'd say since Foster/Myhill have been here for quite some time, and are solid and good.

Defence and defensive midfielders are probably better, with better pedigree etc, though that hasn't helped much...

Well, let's hope everything changes for the better now anyway!
    Last edited by SwedishBaggie; 20-11-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    A bit of both i reckon, the players being played out of position, being told to play behind the ball and literally climb mountains was never going to get them singing his praises, and none of them came out in support of him.
    Are they good enough? Who knows we haven't seen them in their natural positions, personally i think they are much better than they
    have been showing, but at least we have a bit of breathing time until the window.

True WBA1955, but who are you going to attract in the window? Will potential players look at your league position and say "I don't fancy a relegation battle." You need to hope that the teams below don't improve.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    A bit of both i reckon, the players being played out of position, being told to play behind the ball and literally climb mountains was never going to get them singing his praises, and none of them came out in support of him.
    Are they good enough? Who knows we haven't seen them in their natural positions, personally i think they are much better than they
    have been showing, but at least we have a bit of breathing time until the window.
    Yes '55 it does give us time to get some good new blood and the first one I would go for is on loan at Palace at the moment Timothy Fosu-Mensah who grew tremendously under Van Gaal and was holding a place until the dick went to manage United, we all know Mourinho's attitude to playing youngsters...only 19, back four central and right side, also can play midfield...Pearson would love that kind of player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)