+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: system

system

need to start playing 442 or 352 only problem we need extra defencive cover to compensate for quality at back.

I'm confused,. Are you saying play 442 but removing that extra midfielder will leave us more exposed at the back??

Could it be that we're too crowded in the midfield anyway Cayton.

I'm not sure frog. I've just been watching the goals/chances from the start of the season. I didn't realise how many goals/chances are being created due to our fullbacks being one on one Vs opponents winger. Mattock on the left doesn't come out of it very well. Though when you consider who he has had playing infront it doesn't surprise me.
    For me the main fullbacks role is to stop crosses. Forget about getting forwards. If they stop the cross it has to come through the middle.
    Emmanuel struggled at the beginning of the season due to his experience. I think..
    That's prob why vaulks looks ok there as he gets tighter and can tackle. The thing vaulks struggles with is when the ball comes in from the other side. His positoning is all wrong...

I asked yak this question last week regards who played where in a 442 (we all know how that ended) I'm not sure our best 11 would be able to play 442. Our wingers are too gun ho

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I'm not sure frog. I've just been watching the goals/chances from the start of the season. I didn't realise how many goals/chances are being created due to our fullbacks being one on one Vs opponents winger. Mattock on the left doesn't come out of it very well. Though when you consider who he has had playing infront it doesn't surprise me.
    For me the main fullbacks role is to stop crosses. Forget about getting forwards. If they stop the cross it has to come through the middle.
    Emmanuel struggled at the beginning of the season due to his experience. I think..
    That's prob why vaulks looks ok there as he gets tighter and can tackle. The thing vaulks struggles with is when the ball comes in from the other side. His positoning is all wrong...

I asked yak this question last week regards who played where in a 442 (we all know how that ended) I'm not sure our best 11 would be able to play 442. Our wingers are too gun ho
    Did you call for a pint at the High Bar? 😀

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Did you call for a pint at the High Bar? 😀
    I did but left at 125pm just in case 😁

cayton did put we need some extra cover in defence. Only problem playing 1 up top isnt not working most of time its coming straight back at us putting our poor defence under more pressure . Just think the extra man up front could help this like S****horpe game. may be playing 352 may cover both situations . the thing is we will never know untill we try . like in previous message it could b our plan B or plan C.

Quote Originally Posted by Millersince75 View Post
    cayton did put we need some extra cover in defence. Only problem playing 1 up top isnt not working most of time its coming straight back at us putting our poor defence under more pressure . Just think the extra man up front could help this like S****horpe game. may be playing 352 may cover both situations . the thing is we will never know untill we try . like in previous message it could b our plan B or plan C.
    Maybe the problem is that Warney wants his defenders going forward more, might be best to leave them at back and rely on midfield doing their job

could be right miller who knows .

there's an old saying best form of defence is attack .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast