+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to sack Rowett

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Tony Pulis is available.

It might be ugly but he would get us up, and after that shambles on Saturday I cannot see Rowett doing it. Yes it was a good point but totally without merit: tactically naive in the first half and although we countered them well for the first 10-15 minutes of the second, when Fulham stepped up a gear we again could not cope in midfield.
    Except we cannot afford Pulis! he has been a Prem manager for a while now and even If he were to consider dropping down which is doubtful is wage demands would be too much.

Fear not though as it looks as if Clement may be available soon and must be due another chance!

For me we ahve to give Rowett the season, it takes time to change matters and he needs another transfer window at least. In fairness we are doing as well as teams with more resources and we are not out of touch, yes the football isn't pretty but frankly we enjoyed McClaren playing the Derby way only to fail to those cheating QPR *******s, so a dull slog into the playoffs and fluked win in the final will be fine by me!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    a dull slog into the playoffs and fluked win in the final will be fine by me!
    Agreed, I'm a bit hacked off with 'The Derby Way' when all it brings us is frustration. We had to graft for large parts of our last three promotion pushes, we were increasingly desperate at the end of the Billy Davies promotion season (Palace away anyone?), we had to dig in when our form deserted us after the Sunderland thrashing in the Jim Smith promotion year, I never heard anyone shouting 'forget graft, play the Derby Way!'. I loved us when we were flying, I loved watching Ince and Hughes when they turned up but on balance I love seeing three points on the board (or a hard earned away point) a little more.

So you're tired of being deadly dull. Dull but nevertheless deadly or at least the attempt to be.
    Instead you want the joys of a dangerous thrill. Then I gather Billy Davies is available.
    Football will be thrilling but results could be dangerous once he doesn't get his way.

The whole point is, IMO, we have had 4 draws and 4 wins in the last 9 but we have got away with most of them. I still get baffled with the question of how we didn't get hammered at Brentford, how we got away with a draw against Brum, weren't 3-1 or 4-1 down at HT to the Red Dogs, got out of jail at the DYS and Norwich......

Got away with are the important words here. Reading showed us what happens when you don't get away with it. Fortunately for us, we got away with it again at Fulham.

On paper we should stuff QPR tonight but if we start in the manner we have of late and fail to press them, let them have the ball and attack us they will gain confidence, score, gain even more confidence and we will be done at home by what is, IMO, a poor side.

We have to get out of the blocks quickly and put QPR under pressure, force them into errors and take advantage of what we create.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The whole point is, IMO, we have had 4 draws and 4 wins in the last 9 but we have got away with most of them. I still get baffled with the question of how we didn't get hammered at Brentford, how we got away with a draw against Brum, weren't 3-1 or 4-1 down at HT to the Red Dogs, got out of jail at the DYS and Norwich......

Got away with are the important words here. Reading showed us what happens when you don't get away with it. Fortunately for us, we got away with it again at Fulham.

On paper we should stuff QPR tonight but if we start in the manner we have of late and fail to press them, let them have the ball and attack us they will gain confidence, score, gain even more confidence and we will be done at home by what is, IMO, a poor side.

We have to get out of the blocks quickly and put QPR under pressure, force them into errors and take advantage of what we create.
    Whats a worry to me, as I have blind faith that we will get promoted, is that having watched MOTD for the first time in years on saturday EVERY midfield I saw was a million times better than ours, especially in respect of pace. I dread promotion followed by another 2007

Excuse me but how 'wonderful' were Huddersfield last season?
    Or do you remember Southampton's and Norwich's promotional seasons? How 'excitingly' dire they were?
    And yet when they played in the Prem" they played totally different.

This is the most unique division in Europe. You almost always cannot play your way out of it, excepting a very select few like Newcastle or WBA (when they were last here).

Deadly full is surest way of achieving it. And still, winning streaks are difficult to come by.
    You can thrash the top side 1 week and lose to the bottom one the next.

The best you can hope is that your win columns far exceeds your losses.
    It's not how you get there so long as you get there. Huddersfield are living proof of this.
    And yet some think getting rid of the 1 manager in the last 5 seasons that has brought stability and is eking out results, is the correct thing to do.

Beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Excuse me but how 'wonderful' were Huddersfield last season?
    Or do you remember Southampton's and Norwich's promotional seasons? How 'excitingly' dire they were?
    And yet when they played in the Prem" they played totally different.

This is the most unique division in Europe. You almost always cannot play your way out of it, excepting a very select few like Newcastle or WBA (when they were last here).

Deadly full is surest way of achieving it. And still, winning streaks are difficult to come by.
    You can thrash the top side 1 week and lose to the bottom one the next.

The best you can hope is that your win columns far exceeds your losses.
    It's not how you get there so long as you get there. Huddersfield are living proof of this.
    And yet some think getting rid of the 1 manager in the last 5 seasons that has brought stability and is eking out results, is the correct thing to do.

Beggars belief.
    Yes the idea of booting out someone because of 'how' he's achieved one loss in the last ten is a laugh. Accepting Madamster's and others' point that we've been a bit streaky with it of course.

A win is the only result that guarantees 3pts, it matters not how ugly it is at times. I certainly don't think we deserved to be 3-1 or 4-1 down at HT to Forest. Reading aside nobody has breached our defence more than once in those 10 games. Let's try and look at some of the positives, we are bang in the hunt (as are many others) having not played that well. We still have a game in hand on many and hopefully the hierarchy have realised we need an attacking midfielder in the window. It's not pretty but it's not disastrous either, it's frustrating!

If we finish in the top 6, then we'll have exceeded my expectations of 10th place. Too early to call from my perspective on Rowett, he has to do a rebuild rather than come in and take us on.

Lets see what January brings, an attacking midfielder (left or centre) to take a few players off Lawrence will give us a decent push I think. Pleased with our defence, our strikers are as good as any in this league, and pleased that were not spending the entire game playing 1-2s in the centre circle before passing back to Carson.

Romanis. ( excuse me but how wonderful were Huddersfield last season ) Tell you something they were the best footballing team I've seen in the Championship in the last 6 years second only to Bournemouth

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)