+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to sack Rowett

There have indeed been positives like not conceding many (except Reading) but we are cosistently overrun in MF by teams playing 3, 4 and 5 MFs against our 2, neither of whom can be deemed to be a sprinter.

We are our own biggest enemies too. Both left back candidates are almost exclusively one footed. Turn them inside and they don't have the confidence in their right peg to play an attacking pass into space for Vyds or whoever to run on to. On the right, Wisdom all too often gets forced inside and won't use his left to play an attacking ball so it's backwards again, taking any sting out of the attack. Baird is somewhat better in that respect.

Manx questioned my assertion that the Red Dogs might have been 3-1 or 4-1 up at HT. Murphy had 2 chances he would put away more often than not. The same goes for McKay. Our only other real chance 1st half was another Vydra effort so, yes, we could have conceded 3 or 4 in the opening 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Our only other real chance 1st half was another Vydra effort so, yes, we could have conceded 3 or 4 in the opening 45 minutes.
    coulda woulda shoulda M, I've seen Derby ride their 'luck' a thousand times, but also seen some terrible bad 'luck' come our way. It evens itsself out of time, and it isn't actually 'luck' is it, it's the fallibility of the contestants. Forest, on the day, were more fallible than we were.

'it's the fallibility of the contestants'....that is it in a nutshell Andy!!
    The fact is that, apart from a handful of teams (at most!!), the general standard of the division is (like us) poor. We can turn out tripe and still think we can make the play-offs because our tripe is no worse than the tripe being turned out by at least 15 other teams!!
    Last season was the same, there was again a handful of decent sides and then there was the tripe. That's why a half decent well managed team has got promoted last season and now looks a strong bet to do it again this year!! They are currently embarrassing a lot of clubs in this division, including us, who have a significant misconception of how good they are! I'm sorry but we, and a lot of others, are tripe!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    'it's the fallibility of the contestants'....that is it in a nutshell Andy!!
    The fact is that, apart from a handful of teams (at most!!), the general standard of the division is (like us) poor. We can turn out tripe and still think we can make the play-offs because our tripe is no worse than the tripe being turned out by at least 15 other teams!!
    Last season was the same, there was again a handful of decent sides and then there was the tripe. That's why a half decent well managed team has got promoted last season and now looks a strong bet to do it again this year!! They are currently embarrassing a lot of clubs in this division, including us, who have a significant misconception of how good they are! I'm sorry but we, and a lot of others, are tripe!!
    Mebbe mac but we have the best tripe

Oooohhhhh, tripe and onions!! Yummy yummy!! My best mate's (rip Pete) dad made some superb tripe and onions. Always waiting for us after the match (Saturday 3pm ko. of course!!) to be followed by several Peddys!! Ahhh bliss!!
    So, Amster it's a case of our tripe is better than yours, that just about sums it up for 3/4 of this division!!

Sick of dull football but want pulis?

Nah sorry. We have to give rowett the full term of his contract, even if that means sitting mid table for the duration of it,, weve sacked too many managers and wasted too much money. Mel has to tighten the purse strings and start settling for what weve got,, a on the whole bang average team, some ok players like vyds and nuge but no really outstanding ones. Id settle for mid table this season, so being jn 8th with top 6 being a decent shout is good in a rebuilding season. Just stop dropping vydra, and please start wisdom ahead of baird.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    And yet some think getting rid of the 1 manager in the last 5 seasons that has brought stability and is eking out results, is the correct thing to do.
    Clement had a similar record I believe 1loss in 19 . Though I think we got rid too early. In my opinion a manager should have 18 months to be judged .

Clement had a good start, results wise but I christened the performances "footbore". Then the results turned and we were dropping like a stone. Add to that certain unsubstantiated rumours and the parting of the ways was inevitable.

When he joined he was given a list of requirements by Mel. Failure to promote was not a sackable offence. The 2 of them had regular meetings to discuss how well or otherwise he was doing at achieving the required goals. Every time he was told he was missing most of the benchmarks and must do better. He didn't change. Like the rest of us. If you don't meet the goals set by your gaffer you go. Clement went.

Well no doubt Rowett is safe until he has the team in 5th place in february!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well no doubt Rowett is safe until he has the team in 5th place in february!
    Allow me to top your glass up!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)