+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to sack Rowett

Time to sack Rowett

Tony Pulis is available.

It might be ugly but he would get us up, and after that shambles on Saturday I cannot see Rowett doing it. Yes it was a good point but totally without merit: tactically naive in the first half and although we countered them well for the first 10-15 minutes of the second, when Fulham stepped up a gear we again could not cope in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Tony Pulis is available.

It might be ugly but he would get us up, and after that shambles on Saturday I cannot see Rowett doing it. Yes it was a good point but totally without merit: tactically naive in the first half and although we countered them well for the first 10-15 minutes of the second, when Fulham stepped up a gear we again could not cope in midfield.
    Someone else's white knight I'm afraid R, Rowett is doing OK enough at the mo and anyway, isn't what we have now ugly enough?

Tony Pulis is available.

I don't think I'd ever want to watch UGLY.

Tony Pulis is available.

I am quite shocked how negative Rowett has become, when I used to listen to him on the radio co commentating I used to think how well he spotted the problems in a more attacking sense

Playing with two holding midfielders Huddlestone and Ledley creates this big hole in the middle
    Saturday it was evident to everyone .We had ledley & Huddlestone deep in front of Keogh and Davies
    Johnson and Lawrence very wide and Nugent and Vydra well up

The gap between The front two and Ledley and Huddlestone is the problem ( a big problem )

Huddlestone should be dropped for a more attacking midfielder in the hole behind the front two.

I would play Lawrence in the hole and put Russell / Anya out wide .....

and of course the irony is that Will Hughes made a premier league debut and scored, and Jeff Hendrick continues in an established role in a top 10 team.... and we all used to complain when we had them!

and of course the irony is that Will Hughes made a premier league debut and scored, and Jeff Hendrick continues in an established role in a top 10 team.... and we all used to complain when we had them!
    Not me .......
    I would of kept Hughes played him regular and got 3 million more for him in January
    Last season he was finding his fitness after his cruciate op , bad time to sell when he needed this season for him to get back to his top form
    Typical Derby Sell Hughes buy Lawrence , Hughes slightly better player and sold for less

Eddy I agree with all you say about the midfield its not something new its been like it all season Everybody knows we need an attacking midfielder only one problem there we don't frigging have one The squad is so overloaded with strikers As for Rowett to early to even think of sacking him we've been thee to many times after all we've only lost once in nine games But afraid this brand of football will drive fans away

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Eddy I agree with all you say about the midfield its not something new its been like it all season Everybody knows we need an attacking midfielder only one problem there we don't frigging have one The squad is so overloaded with strikers As for Rowett to early to even think of sacking him we've been thee to many times after all we've only lost once in nine games But afraid this brand of football will drive fans away
    Hughes Bryson or Hendrick would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Hughes Bryson or Hendrick would be ideal
    And one of them we still have the power to recall. Big mistake IMO letting him go, does anyone have any reports on Bryson's performance whilst at Cardiff? even at 80% the player he was around 2014 I'd give him a run

Played whole game at the weekend so still in Warlock's good books!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)