+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Useful Pre-Transfer Window Advice for Gary Rowett

Useful Pre-Transfer Window Advice for Gary Rowett

We all know that, despite what they say, players and managers are always trolling round fan sites, players looking for soothing words about their latest performance, managers looking for ideas on how to make a difference.

So to help Rowett as we approach the next transfer window, which ONE player, of the regular first teamers, do you think he should shift out and make a few quid on to make way for new blood?

Me? Despite the fact he's a new signing and despite his neat little assist on saturday - Tom Lawrence

The obvious answer is Chris Martin, if he can be said to be a regular first teamer, but if someone came in and offered a good mark up on the £ 8m or so that we paid for Lawrence, then why not. He seems to be able to turn it on for Wales (which could make him saleable) but at Club level hasn't lived up to pre signing hype. Maybe he will come good (I hope so) but the clock is ticking.

Russell

Get someone who can actually play an assist.

At the moment I would go with Lawrence he's been a huge disappointment to me Rowett continually praising his contribution then admitting today he was thinking of laving him out To be fair to the player he's been stuck on the right wing and being made to track back He needs a free hand like he had at Ipswich but that won't happen under Rowett If we got a £5million offer I would take it not that I don't think he's worth more just that I can't see him flourishing. under Rowett

Spoilt for choice!! They're queueing up but I'd go for Huddleston. Just seems pointless!!

Huddlestone is to slow IMO, Rowett said look at the things he can do not the things he cant'do! What a stupid thing to say. OK so things for :- he can pass a ball. Against :- to many to mention!

MoP. Huddleston has been playing at that pace for 15years he's played at the highest level the only reason he's being shown up is because theve put another slow player along side him If we had legs in midfield it wouldn't matter about his pace We all know why it has happened balls up on transfer deadline day

We don't need Ledley and Huddlestone in the same starting XI. Ledley over Tom at the minute. In terms of shipping out ideally one we would make money on but not necessarily miss so it's Chris Martin. We are getting overran too often in midfield and playing two DM's means you have a deep second line that invites teams on to you. It's been said in another thread but the gap between midfield and forwards is too big. Sell Martin, bring Bryson back and loan Danny Ings.

Dings isnt the answer IMO. Bryson or a similar type would help as the front 4 is all to often isolated from the back 7.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)