+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can this squad play attractive football

Can this squad play attractive football

My wolves mate reckons we can't don't have the players. Player for player, we are better than wolves.
    Of cause we do, most of our team are good footballers. The system under Pulis was the problem.

Agreed,handbrake football from the day the pulisaurus walked through the Albion door.I feel a big black cloud has been swept away at B71 this morning

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    My wolves mate reckons we can't don't have the players. Player for player, we are better than wolves.
    Of cause we do, most of our team are good footballers. The system under Pulis was the problem.
    soulman tell your wolves mate the same thing I told my old wolves mate .playing attractive football against burton Barnsley or qpr ,is a bit a big bit different of playing attractive football against Man City Chelsea or the like,as they will find out.

We played well enough to 'score' first against Chelsea...that little tit-bit was enough to show we can.

Agree the TP method was at fault.

Probably a shame that Horace Batchelor is not around any more with his Infra Draw method perhaps we could have applied that...

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    soulman tell your wolves mate the same thing I told my old wolves mate .playing attractive football against burton Barnsley or qpr ,is a bit a big bit different of playing attractive football against Man City Chelsea or the like,as they will find out.
    100% we can play attractive football. I think 3 at the back doesn't suit us, neither does three defensive midfielders!

We have HRK, Brunt, McClean, Chadli, Burke who have all on the bench. Morrison to come back in.

I'm not saying go gung-ho. Lets just have a go at sides outside the top 6. We're generally pretty solid defensively with our back 4 and a holding midfielder in front of them. What have we got to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    You of course are correct, but did we not hold Man city to a draw at their place in the cup recently. We are the only team they haven't scored against this season.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    100% we can play attractive football. I think 3 at the back doesn't suit us, neither does three defensive midfielders!

We have HRK, Brunt, McClean, Chadli, Burke who have all on the bench. Morrison to come back in.

I'm not saying go gung-ho. Lets just have a go at sides outside the top 6. We're generally pretty solid defensively with our back 4 and a holding midfielder in front of them. What have we got to lose?
    Hope you are correct 123. Watched Watford yesterday, and have done so on a couple of occassions this year, and I fail to see that we can play that type of attractive football, we don't have the same type of players imo. But there are of course different types of attractive football.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    You of course are correct, but did we not hold Man city to a draw at their place in the cup recently. We are the only team they haven't scored against this season.
    Hahahahaha
    Sorry that wasn't a serious post was it? We haven't lost to QPR this season either.

Oh yes it was a serious post. We have also lost to Cardiff and Sheffield United this season but at the moment we sit top of the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Wolves have started great and they are playing some lovely stuff, but it's only halfway through November. To start saying their players are better at this stage than an established premier team is ludicrous.
    It's the attitude of their fans that gets my goat with them.
    You would think they would learn, enjoy what they are seeing, but keep it buttoned until success is assured.
    They never do. Fif**** years ago they were sweeping all before them, the fans then put pressure on the team by acting like they were already up, then they blew up, couldn't buy a win, couldn't even come up through the play offs.
    I have to say i have been impressed with them this season. I went around the local and watched them when they played Fulham and they won deservedly. But, the howler by their keeper would have resulted in a goal at prem level.
    The gap in class between the divisions is huge, the prem is a merciless unforgiving place.
    And they aren't even halfway towards it yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)