+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: memories of fulham

memories of fulham

not too many of later years but remember bestie coming here with them in 76 maybe 77 when we had wee jimmy johnstone on wing also going further back when we beat them 3 1 in cup replay 67 think billy punton might have got a couple that night know replay was postponed at least once also might be wrong but didnt they beat us 3 2 in our relegation season 68 after we were 2 up at one stage no doubt 1 or 2 of our elderly supporters on here will put me right if im wrong utb ftp

yeah we were 1 up at half time i think in that game against chelsea no way we would have gone down if we hadnt sold jones and birchenall

Mine's more recent but still another downer- a Jimmy Bullard free kick.

I remember going to Craven Cottage in 67, the 4th round of the cup. We beat Charlton in the 3rd round 1-0 at the Valley. Went to that too. Also went to the 5th round at Stamford Bridge where we lost 2-0.
    Clarke scored for Fulham and I think it was postponed 3 or 4 times. I had a programme with the previous 2 or 3 matches typed out.
    Bill Punton - well I never. Great derby game he played in. Then off to Norfolk. Where, even with no hair, he managed in the non-league for years -

Last game of season old first division. We needed not to lose to Fulham to stay up and them go down. We were up at half time 2 0. Alan Clarke got two goals in the second half and they beat us 3 2 and we were relegated.

The late goal in extra time in the replay at the Cottage scored by Shaun Miller on our very good cup run to the semi at Wembley.UTCB

Can anyone remember the goal keeper Tony Macedo think he used more brylcreem than Fiery Fred

Midweek away in the 80s got off coach with the beer heads pub on corner at side of Thames had to wait for it to open at 5 got in there and found wards on draught they had a tanker delivery every Monday they'd ran out by 7 we won 3-2 midfielder scored 2 name escapes me he moved onto grimsby

not correct charlie we would have stayed up if we had beaten chelsea at home last game of season think fulham was the penultimate home game got a recollection of peter osgood and tommy baldwin both scoring with headers at the lane end