+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Montrose force replay at Palmy

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Once again Queens have been sadly let down by the fickle Palmy supporters with pathetic 700 odd turnout. Maybe they were put off by the foul weather and nor impressed by Queens recent form. Montrose to be fair are no great attraction with their negative style of play.
    Their time wasting tactics in the first half was quite blatant and when Queens used the same ploy in the closing stages the Montrose assustant coach nearly had kittens.

Quite happy with result and Queens did well against team whose sole intention was to park the bus. Sarurday’s game will be entirely different and Livi will perhaps let us play sone football.

I was telt off by some old bag in the main stand that I was acting like a hooligan by shouting too much - pathetic !
    Recent form ????

Queens are unbeaten over 90 minutes since September 24th - 8 games

But I have to agree , the crowd was quite pathetic

Dobbie & Lyle

What are we going to do without this two players ? They’ve scored an amazing 212 goals between them for our football club

When will you get the chance to watch two players playing in the same Queens team with such a magnificent record ever again ?

You’d better make the most of them folks as this is Lyles last year and possibly Dobbies , you just never know

Plenty people still moan about Queens but the reality is we’re very lucky to have players like this playing for us

Very lucky indeed Arrol to have Dobbie and Lyle! I'm certain many people don't fully appreciate that fact.

Although we live in the age of the internet, I'm still of the opinion that a surprising number of people rely on the old newspaper for their updates, - so there may have been a number who didn't realise the game was on.

However, - here are my top reasons for the poor crowd:

1) Dissatisfaction with the team not dealing with Montrose at the first time of asking.
    2) An expectation that we would wipe the floor with them last night.
    3) Many season ticket holders would not pay to watch a 2nd division team.
    4) The weather was pretty grim.
    5) There were some excellent Champions League matches on TV.
    6) Leaving a warm fireside with TV drinks and food at the touch of a button to sit in a cold an draughty old stand to watch a team come to park the bus, - it's not rocket science why they didn't come out.

Fortunately we are through to play Partick on January 21st, - and they will bring down over 1000 that day, - so that'll make up for last night!

it has been the case for many seasons that quite a few season ticket holders once they have paid their £240 or whatever it is do not attend midweek matches where you have to pay and as you say some great games on the tele and a miserable November night were the reasons imo for a pathetic turnout !

Well as a season ticket holder I was there and travelled from Ayrshire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)