+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cup draw....

Cup draw....

Thoughts on ICT in the cup ,honestly think they will be delighted with this draw I'd be more confident away from home.
    Since Hibs won in 2016 it's been a bigger albatross round our necks than ever ,if only Barry's shot had gone in off the inside of the post ,ah well bigger things to worry about this season....

Got to be happy with a home draw, hope the present form is sorted out by that time !

Could have been better cud have been worse.

Very similar tie to last season against a championship side who had started badly but were bang in form by the time cup come round.

The st mitten performance and defeat was final straw with me 're Hartley.

McCann has done as expected so far in the cup and I'm hoping that continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Thoughts on ICT in the cup ,honestly think they will be delighted with this draw I'd be more confident away from home.
    Since Hibs won in 2016 it's been a bigger albatross round our necks than ever ,if only Barry's shot had gone in off the inside of the post ,ah well bigger things to worry about this season....
    Ken what your saying 're bigger things but I'll no doubt see Dee relegated at some point in the future but I'm not certain I'll see them win the cup.

Big game for me and same rules apply to McCann as PH.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Ken what your saying 're bigger things but I'll no doubt see Dee relegated at some point in the future but I'm not certain I'll see them win the cup.

Big game for me and same rules apply to McCann as PH.
    There's been a lot of concern about the omens surrounding this draw. St Mirren analogy, our long history of not winning the Scottish cup. Would like to see some positive action from the club to try to boost the attendance at this game and get a good crowd in to cheer the team on. Since it won't involve harming the value of a ST, by changing the price, I think we should be looking at some kind of voucher for a discount if you go to the league games prior to this tie. That way ST holders could get something to encourage them to come along and the PATG supporters will also get a deal.

It seems to me that maximising revenue, which has often been given as a reason for fairly "full" pricing might be achieved if the BOD looked at the prospect of going through to the next round and calculate the additional cash that they might earn from a second round match. A full crowd that was willing the team on must be the aim, rather than the simple mathematical approach that says 5000 supporters paying an average of £19 will bring in £95000, and 7500 paying an average of £12 will bring in £90000, might be well worth the gamble. We need to somehow get a bit of razzamatazz into this game, despite the opposition being unlikely to bring more than a couple of hundred supporters. get the Shankly filled with "cuptie" supporters, perhaps this year we may surprise everyone!

Think your pissing into the wind with that one, board have never listened to the fans re pricing, it will be £20 & £10

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    There's been a lot of concern about the omens surrounding this draw. St Mirren analogy, our long history of not winning the Scottish cup. Would like to see some positive action from the club to try to boost the attendance at this game and get a good crowd in to cheer the team on. Since it won't involve harming the value of a ST, by changing the price, I think we should be looking at some kind of voucher for a discount if you go to the league games prior to this tie. That way ST holders could get something to encourage them to come along and the PATG supporters will also get a deal.

It seems to me that maximising revenue, which has often been given as a reason for fairly "full" pricing might be achieved if the BOD looked at the prospect of going through to the next round and calculate the additional cash that they might earn from a second round match. A full crowd that was willing the team on must be the aim, rather than the simple mathematical approach that says 5000 supporters paying an average of £19 will bring in £95000, and 7500 paying an average of £12 will bring in £90000, might be well worth the gamble. We need to somehow get a bit of razzamatazz into this game, despite the opposition being unlikely to bring more than a couple of hundred supporters. get the Shankly filled with "cuptie" supporters, perhaps this year we may surprise everyone!
    Never got why the apathy amongst all club fans took hold in the Scottish cup.

Arguably the greatest cup tournament in world football but fans of all club's reluctant to pay a tenner until semis.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Never got why the apathy amongst all club fans took hold in the Scottish cup.

Arguably the greatest cup tournament in world football but fans of all club's reluctant to pay a tenner until semis.
    Spot on Rros. We really need to turn up for the early rounds to get a buzz going for the team. Hopefully the BOD do have a look at the pricing. A voucher that knocked 10% for one voucher, 2 vouchers 20% off the price. ST holders effectively get the discount for nothing but PATG get the same price so it should be attractive for them to go to a couple of normal games. Point is it needs marketing and advertising. Would be very interested to see if there was something that the club could do to incentivise the people who use this forum. Might even be possible to ask DFCSS,who are definitely getting their act together, if they could send out an email to publicise this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Think your pissing into the wind with that one, board have never listened to the fans re pricing, it will be £20 & £10
    You may well be right, but it seems to me that they recognise that ST holders don't turn out in the same numbers for cup games. They might well have the stats to show the likely upside if they could persuade all their ST holders to come to the cup games.Thing is a big crowd should have a really positive effect on the result and going farther in the competition will generate an awful lot more money than making the max from a crowd of 5000.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Spot on Rros. We really need to turn up for the early rounds to get a buzz going for the team. Hopefully the BOD do have a look at the pricing. A voucher that knocked 10% for one voucher, 2 vouchers 20% off the price. ST holders effectively get the discount for nothing but PATG get the same price so it should be attractive for them to go to a couple of normal games. Point is it needs marketing and advertising. Would be very interested to see if there was something that the club could do to incentivise the people who use this forum. Might even be possible to ask DFCSS,who are definitely getting their act together, if they could send out an email to publicise this sort of thing.
    You would hope last season's debacle against st mirren would serve as a warning.

Think there was under 3k at game (cud be wrong) Derry was shut and it had disaster written all over it from first minute.

A system as you suggested could generate a crowd of 4500 to 5000 for the cup game and show the players that the Scottish cup matters.

Don't get some folk greeting about getting pumped if they can't be bothered going.

And as I have pointed out before it's easy enough to get in Dens with a concession ticket if it's all about cost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)