+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Done ST!

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post

I refuse to crucify ST for selling players.
    Do you seriously think selling Stretch and GMS at the time he did it was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Do you seriously think selling Stretch and GMS at the time he did it was a good idea?
    Agree 100%, major error. No issue with any of the other sales other than the sheer volume of them in a short period of time which affected us hugely.

Not sure why we're dredging up ST as a topic after one good game. As and when we get back up he can get a wee pat on the back.

And just before we played that team in a cup final.

Is this thread a genuine attempt to unite the support or just looking to open up a can O worm's?.I am going for the latter.

While i do applaud the capture of Shabba....

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    Agree 100%, major error. No issue with any of the other sales other than the sheer volume of them in a short period of time which affected us hugely.

Not sure why we're dredging up ST as a topic after one good game. As and when we get back up he can get a wee pat on the back.
    I cannot forgive being told we dont need to sell, then all of a sudden, GONE!

After that it just seemed that the next big prospect whether ready to be sold or not was out the door at the first smell of an offer!

Currently waiting to see what happens in January with Robson!

I think FIT4 is a genuine ST supporter / the only one / actually ST himself

The idea is that we should thank him that we are now winning matches in the second tier

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Thats a good question and I agree that one is a marginal decision. There was a risk that the offer for Armstrong may not have been as high in the summer.

1. Only 1 year on contract.
    2. No other bidders in January which was unexpected.
    3. Possible loss of form or injury.

I think the offer had to be seriously considered in Jan and its a toss of a coin as to the right decision.

We should have kept GMS. Its possible that Celtic insisted on bringing that deal forward as part of the Armstrong deal.

In retrospect the decision turned out to be wrong and there were also issues with the quality of the replacements but please don't pretend that these decisions are easy when you are a club of our size with our debts.

I will criticise but not crucify the selling/signing policy. Not everything is black/white. Sometimes shades of grey.

maybe getting ahead of ourselves here? csaba's had one league game v a poor falkirk team and yeah we dominated and won convincingly but still a long way to go before any trophies are handed out.

As for ST. He's backed every manager hes appointed. yes some of the appointments have been poor but he still backed them to give them the best chance of achieving their goal. but until we achieve promotion i wont be getting to ahead of ourselves over CL or ST.

its a good start but alot can still go wrong! need to keep working and gain that momentum

GB with zero concept of the definition of irony.....

Nobody saying the job is done. Just think if elements of our support are happy to condemn they should also be willing encourage. Doesn't seem unreasonable.....?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)