+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Done ST!

the deals for Goodie, Gauld and Ciftci were good deals for the club in the circumstances, GMS and Armstrong was terrible slap in face of the fans and showed a lack of ambition, and selling Robertson when we did also showed where the priorities were, Robertson should have been kept for another season, he was absolute ***** to the team and we could have easy kept him for another season and got the same if not better money, in my opinion at least.

unfortunately the benefits of much of those high profile sales have been completely wasted on recuping relegation costs and panic signing and pay offs

He has backed managers to be fair!

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    GB with zero concept of the definition of irony.....
    But i did win the belt league you snobby chunt.

The point i was making is we really dinnie need a thread praising the chairman when all our thanks really belong to Laurie Ellis who has now had a big hand in 3 wins in a row,i am not saying we should have a go at ST either,can we not just concentrate on the football now?.I havnie posted anything about his rent burd or friends of Wagner fight in ages BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The point i was making is we really dinnie need a thread praising the chairman when all our thanks really belong to Laurie Ellis who has now had a big hand in 3 wins in a row,i am not saying we should have a go at ST either,can we not just concentrate on the football now?.I havnie posted anything about his rent burd or friends of Wagner fight in ages BTW.
    Shut it and bow down to your ruler!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I've met TFIT4 a few times and can confirm he is definitely not ST.
    A fellow board member is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    A fellow board member is he?

No, just a punter like the rest of us.

You are absolutely spot on Gunboat - Laurie Ellis seems to be the man that has turned this around.

I hope he stays with united long term.

From Shabba CV he tends to burn bright early on but doesn’t stay that long anywhere - could be that in year or two when he goes that might suit Laurie for feeling ready to step in as a full time number 1! I’m hoping we are established in Prem too by then

A great deal of success and failure in football is based on luck. IMO Eddie Thomson (god rest his soul) was a terrible chairman who got lucky when he finally appointed CL who made him a good chairman! He is not hated by the fans in spite of the fact he saddled the club with so much debt that our financial situation was pretty desperate. If the club had been passed to ST without the debt he inherited from his Dads tenure imagine how successful we could have been as there would have been no pressure to sell.

I fully accept that ST has got some major things wrong but maybe he has got lucky here with his appointment of Shabba and also the unearthing of a potential diamond in Laurie. 1 swallow does not make a summer but there is just a feeling now.....

Love is in the air....?

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    Nobody saying the job is done. Just think if elements of our support are happy to condemn they should also be willing encourage. Doesn't seem unreasonable.....?
    tfit4, more chance of reconciliation in the Balkans than there is between the chairman and a very large section of the support. Think we would have to win the league this season, then qualify for Europe reaching the group stages the following year, win the Premier league the next, and of course bring home the Champions League trophy in year 2021. Should Stephen still be at the helm, and the aforementioned achieved, then at that time when the open top bus pulls up in front of the main entrance at Tannadice, you may just hear the faint murmurs of ‘one Stephen Thompson’.

I love it!

One outstanding performance against struggling Falkirk and this board is totally positive.

Just shows ye, it doesn't take much to please this lot.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)