+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Done ST!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I love it!

One outstanding performance against struggling Falkirk and this board is totally positive.

Just shows ye, it doesn't take much to please this lot.

I think it’s cause we finally ditched a useless manager and the new man played a more offensive style.Lets be honest if McKinnon was still here and we won 3-0 his way,most of us would still have major doubts.We might still struggle but with McKinnon gone,well that alone gives me hope for the rest of the season.

Useless? Very harsh on Ray

There were positives, Very good home record and took us within 45 mins of promotion first time round, has built a very decent squad here that's given Csaba and Ellis a chance to really go for it now

And lastly, let's keep our feet on the ground, we aren't guaranteed to win on Saturday coming, or finish top, as good as we were it's only one game and Falkirk were beyond dreadful

Plenty work to be done, cautiously optimistic though I am

I don’t think it’s harsh mate,I hope the fans he drove away come back.His record at home was decent(remember it’s second tier)but the fitba was brutal and he was totally out his depth.Anyway Shabba will guide us back to the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Useless? Very harsh on Ray

There were positives, Very good home record and took us within 45 mins of promotion first time round, has built a very decent squad here that's given Csaba and Ellis a chance to really go for it now

And lastly, let's keep our feet on the ground, we aren't guaranteed to win on Saturday coming, or finish top, as good as we were it's only one game and Falkirk were beyond dreadful

Plenty work to be done, cautiously optimistic though I am
    The players have to take some of the responsibility,their work rate playing for Ray was FN dreadful,it was night and day when Laurie took over and only they know why.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The players have to take some of the responsibility,their work rate playing for Ray was FN dreadful,it was night and day when Laurie took over and only they know why.
    however with a bit of focused training and expectations set - they looked like PSG against falkirk. It wont always be that way lets be honest but working hard off ball and on it - brilliant.

My favourite moment scobbie going nuts at gap left by robson. Apparently it was fyvies fault as he didnt cover robson bombing forward but scobbie was a leader. Away games last season were a disgrace. Happy with ellis and happy with laszlo. Best game in 3 years imho

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    Thanks for financially supporting manager in summer. Some good acquisitions! Cheers for appointing Shabba - seems a decent appointment.
    see posts like this just wind people up, absolutely no need for it considering everyones on a high from Saturday past.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post

Not sure why we're dredging up ST as a topic after one good game. As and when we get back up he can get a wee pat on the back.
    He's posted this for reactions, nothing more...

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    maybe getting ahead of ourselves here? csaba's had one league game v a poor falkirk team and yeah we dominated and won convincingly but still a long way to go before any trophies are handed out.

As for ST. He's backed every manager hes appointed. yes some of the appointments have been poor but he still backed them to give them the best chance of achieving their goal. but until we achieve promotion i wont be getting to ahead of ourselves over CL or ST.

its a good start but alot can still go wrong! need to keep working and gain that momentum
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    He's posted this for reactions, nothing more...
    didnt really work for him (or her) then

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I am finding it difficult to believe that guys are now defending a decision to sell our two best players for under their value, weeks before playing the buying club in a highly winnable cup final, while remaining only 4 (?) points behind said team in the league, all after having raked in millions over the previous 18 months or so from previous sales which put us into a financially strengthened position which meant we could refuse it and with the decision being taken from the comfort of a nice hotel room in Australia thousands of miles away from where the decision maker should have been at the end of one of the most crucial windows in the Club's history.
    This!!!!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)