+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Done ST!

Well Done ST!

Thanks for financially supporting manager in summer. Some good acquisitions! Cheers for appointing Shabba - seems a decent appointment.

Thanks to all the fans who bought,season tickets,pay at the gate,subscribe to Arabzone,purchased strip's etc from the club shop,donate to the youth set up,buy 50/50 tickets,participate in the United Lottery,pay into the Arabtrust,etc etc etc,without your support there would be no club,FACT.

Yep happy to thank all them too (I’m one of them). Good to see ya all working together this year.
    Much better than protesting and moaning eh? 👍

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Thanks to all the fans who bought,season tickets,pay at the gate,subscribe to Arabzone,purchased strip's etc from the club shop,donate to the youth set up,buy 50/50 tickets,participate in the United Lottery,pay into the Arabtrust,etc etc etc,without your support there would be no club,FACT.
    Phukk! the only thing I don't do is pay at the gate

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I wonder how much the cumulative total of all these income streams contribute towards the overall expenditure of the club. A wee example - I remember in the bad old throw-money-at-everything days of the early naughties when the first serious TV money was mooted (it didn't materialise) we had a player, a local lad who I knew was on £2k/week. He was nowhere near the starting XI nor the bench even & I used to look at my section of the ground and roughly count the number of seats that were paying his wages. It was a fair chunk of seating & it made me think I was glad I didn't own a football club. It was like a joinery firm with no orders taking on another joiner or something & I wondered how it could work.

Yeah - Well Done To ST (for those that have no memory of the last 3+ years) 😂

Yes, we have to 'move on' to a certain extent. But leopards don't change their spots and if he could get away with it, he'd be driving Robson down to Southampton himself for yet another transfer just as we're starting to finally get it together. SHOULD we get back up this season, I will first of all applaud and congratulate the team but then secondly still demand that this twerp get the phuck out of our Club. Were it not for his serial greedy and incompetent decision making the Club wouldn't be where it is in the first place.

NEVER forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    I wonder how much the cumulative total of all these income streams contribute towards the overall expenditure of the club. A wee example - I remember in the bad old throw-money-at-everything days of the early naughties when the first serious TV money was mooted (it didn't materialise) we had a player, a local lad who I knew was on £2k/week. He was nowhere near the starting XI nor the bench even & I used to look at my section of the ground and roughly count the number of seats that were paying his wages. It was a fair chunk of seating & it made me think I was glad I didn't own a football club. It was like a joinery firm with no orders taking on another joiner or something & I wondered how it could work.
    Yes but there are other income streams also paying for this, TV money, Sponsorship, hospitality, profits from the heggie lounge etc etc

but i agree owning a fitbaw club would'nt be my 1st choice, but it was eddie's now ST is kinda stuck with it so either has to run it or sell it

Quote Originally Posted by smirky4 View Post
    Yes but there are other income streams also paying for this, TV money, Sponsorship, hospitality, profits from the heggie lounge etc etc

but i agree owning a fitbaw club would'nt be my 1st choice, but it was eddie's now ST is kinda stuck with it so either has to run it or sell it
    I'd imagine Heggy Lounge profits for one season would pay for the stewards for half a dozen games, if that.
    It's open one day a fortnight for about 3 hours.
    And there must be at least a thousand stewards at any home game, can't move for them & not just because of the girth of most of them. They're everywhere. *
    As you say, who'd want to own a football club?
    Unless you had millions to chuck down the cundie.

* I do admire the stewards & they do a great job

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Yes, we have to 'move on' to a certain extent. But leopards don't change their spots and if he could get away with it, he'd be driving Robson down to Southampton himself for yet another transfer just as we're starting to finally get it together. SHOULD we get back up this season, I will first of all applaud and congratulate the team but then secondly still demand that this twerp get the phuck out of our Club. Were it not for his serial greedy and incompetent decision making the Club wouldn't be where it is in the first place.

NEVER forget that.
    We are a selling club and EVERY player has their price. If you owned the club would you turn down say £1 million for Robson if that was offered in January. I would'nt and I would be surprised if any chairman in ST's financial position would. To many people on here seem to fail to understand that there are risks when you refuse bids in the same way there are risks when you accept them. The only way to really know if you have made the correct decision is with the benefit of hindsight.

I refuse to crucify ST for selling players. The prices he got were decent. Where he deserves criticism is the appointment of Mixu, the quality of some of the replacement players acquired by JM and Mixu. The appointment of RM was widely praised at the time. His funding of all managers has been decent and the appointment of Shabba seems also to be pretty unanimously praised.

I agree that long term we probably need new ownership but not just for the sake of change. It has to be the right people with a clear vision and a commitment to the club. Also would be great if they have serious resources.

For now lets all unite around the whole club. Most positive vibe at Tanny for a while and long may it continue.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)