+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Sean won’t get a Top 6 job

Why Sean won’t get a Top 6 job

Jamie Carragher on Monday Night Football says
    No Premier League side ranks higher for percentage of pass long this season (22 per cent) while the average possession of 41 per cent is the 17th lowest in the division.

I'm a huge fan of Sean Dyche. But a manager who gets the perception for playing direct football will never get a big job. He has done a better job than Silva, and Watford have better players, but style does play a part. Everton fans were put off when they thought that Sam Allardyce might come in, and even Dyche, whereas they'd pleased with Silva."

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ting-a-top-job

Another Scouse sanctimonious cont,who wants a swift kick in the nuts

Good scheme that you have to play in a certain way. We hear about the West Ham way, the Everton way, the blah blah blah way etc., however, at the end of the day, as a manager, it is results that matter otherwise they get the push.
    Fans can be too precious about their clubs and voice their opinions about the style of play etc., however, I have friends who support West Ham, Swansea, Everton, Crystal Palace and various 'big' clubs in the Championship who would give their right arm for their clubs to be in the same situation that we are currently.
    We have the best 'team' in the UK because everyone appears to be pulling in the same direction and we are definitely making progress. Our fans really do need to appreciate just what we have as a club and stop moaning about this that and the other. You can't just add water and make things happen instantly, although that is the whim of modern society, you need to build things up and that is exactly what we are doing, and long may it continue.
    These are the best times I have seen at our club for around 40 years and I go back 65 years supporting the Clarets --enjoy the times we are experiencing. I saw an article in the papers today about the PL of 20+ years ago and 12 of the clubs who were in then are now scattered between the three divisions of the EFL!

I've always said he won't get a job with any of the top six, and it's nothing to do with playing style. Those clubs have more money than they can spend, they operate on an international level, they want big name managers who can attract big name players from all over the world. Sean could never compete with Pep, Klopp, Mourinho, Wenger, Poch or Conti when it comes to signing the top players, they'd be asking their agent "Sean who ? No, nein, non, I'll sign for Pep".

So he wouldn't get a job with the top 6, even if he played attractive football, they just wouldn't be interested, it's the same reason Moshiri doesn't want him at Everton.

i am gutted that he wont be leaving-

There was a great phrase during the live commentary on Saturday. "There is a big difference between a Long Ball and a Long Pass". We certainly seem to be doing more of the later.

how much later ?

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    There was a great phrase during the live commentary on Saturday. "There is a big difference between a Long Ball and a Long Pass". We certainly seem to be doing more of the latter.
    Edited because I spelt a word wrong.................

Which word ?

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    i am gutted that he wont be leaving-
    Actually ID, despite the speculation every time a PL club loses two on the bounce, we're in the best possible position to keep him, none of the clubs above us have the slightest interest in him, and every single one that might covet him are below us. Right now he's in his dream job, why on earth would he walk away from it ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)