+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Fulham

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Fulham

While we are winning games as often as we are the next game really cannot come quick enough.... BUT still absolutely gutted about Coutts, both from a point of view for the team, but mostly to the man himself - who was really enjoying his football and finally had confidence to push his body to the limits having finally 'forgot' about his previous serious injury. Will take a strong man to ever play at those 110% levels ever again. But not to dwell on the tragic event, enough to say I'd have rather lost the game, than lost Coutts for the season. Anyway, it's now up to the lads to continue the excellent work and somehow shake that horrible incident from their minds. With our style of committed play, these things are a risk. Fortunately the opposition don't usually manage to catch us, but I hope, and I'm sure Wilder will not allow any fall off in the style and attitude shown so far....

So next up it's Fulham to BDBL, who are 6 games without a win. However I'm not sure they have been playing too bad recently, and yet again we'll need to be at our very best to continue the excellent form shown so far...

Anyway....

Any team news?

Other than the obvious keep the same lineup?

Lundstram presumably the replacement?

Carruthers now likely to be seeing 'some' game time?

Baldock back in if fit?

Clarke's knock not enough to keep him out?

Hopefully now just a last word on the Coutts situation from me, just over 18 months ago most of us would have been happy to drive Coutts to play for any other club anywhere. It shows CW's ability in changing a players drive and mentality. We have no reason to think it cannot happen again with whoever get's the nod as the replacement (not suggesting there have been attitude problems with anyone BTW). What I mean is, Chris has a plan/style and will want to continue in the same way as far as possible. If not he'll bring someone in, in January. Now if that doesn't spur players on to perform in the meantime I don't know what will. As long as we get behind the lads, and encourage the 'replacement', you never know, we could end up unearthing a gem even better suited to the jigsaw.... Maybe not but let's not self destruct. 2-1 Hard fought Blades win - and back top

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    While we are winning games as often as we are the next game really cannot come quick enough.... BUT still absolutely gutted about Coutts, both from a point of view for the team, but mostly to the man himself - who was really enjoying his football and finally had confidence to push his body to the limits having finally 'forgot' about his previous serious injury. Will take a strong man to ever play at those 110% levels ever again. But not to dwell on the tragic event, enough to say I'd have rather lost the game, than lost Coutts for the season. Anyway, it's now up to the lads to continue the excellent work and somehow shake that horrible incident from their minds. With our style of committed play, these things are a risk. Fortunately the opposition don't usually manage to catch us, but I hope, and I'm sure Wilder will not allow any fall off in the style and attitude shown so far....

So next up it's Fulham to BDBL, who are 6 games without a win. However I'm not sure they have been playing too bad recently, and yet again we'll need to be at our very best to continue the excellent form shown so far...

Anyway....

Any team news?

Other than the obvious keep the same lineup?

Lundstram presumably the replacement?

Carruthers now likely to be seeing 'some' game time?

Baldock back in if fit?

Clarke's knock not enough to keep him out?

Hopefully now just a last word on the Coutts situation from me, just over 18 months ago most of us would have been happy to drive Coutts to play for any other club anywhere. It shows CW's ability in changing a players drive and mentality. We have no reason to think it cannot happen again with whoever get's the nod as the replacement (not suggesting there have been attitude problems with anyone BTW). What I mean is, Chris has a plan/style and will want to continue in the same way as far as possible. If not he'll bring someone in, in January. Now if that doesn't spur players on to perform in the meantime I don't know what will. As long as we get behind the lads, and encourage the 'replacement', you never know, we could end up unearthing a gem even better suited to the jigsaw.... Maybe not but let's not self destruct. 2-1 Hard fought Blades win - and back top

UTB
    It'll be interestin if Bladock plays where BASH plays,cos i don't see the MESSIAH leavin him out of the startin line up.I tip 2-2,Magic hat's due a goal and FLECKY for us.UTCB

Wilders last interview asking fans not to compare Couttts replacement and give him great backing suggests it will be Lundstram. Doubt he would have felt it necessary to say that if it was going to be Bash. He will be aware the jury is still out with most Blades over Lundstrum.

Positive thinking again. United win for me. I think Carruthers will be in for Coutts.

I expect Lundstram in for Coutts, and he'll do okay. Confident of another three points. 2-0.