+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Csaba: The hard work starts now.

Csaba: The hard work starts now.

Great to hear this. When we got ourselves to the top of the table last season it was like the players thought that was that. Ironically, that experience will probably help us this season.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...d-work-starts/

Tell you what TTT all of us including the new manager should be very thankful to Laurie Ellis for the outstanding work he did in the hot seat for the games v Dumbarton and ST Mirren,i reckon the 6 points gained could well be the difference between automatic promotion and the dreaded play off's.

I'm very grateful to Ellis as well but we will absolutely piss the league now,we've reached the top being dreadful under RM and there's no chance Sunday was a flash in the pan under Shabs he's absolutely the real deal and the players know it.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Tell you what TTT all of us including the new manager should be very thankful to Laurie Ellis for the outstanding work he did in the hot seat for the games v Dumbarton and ST Mirren,i reckon the 6 points gained could well be the difference between automatic promotion and the dreaded play off's.
    Absolutely right.
    Ellis deserves huge credit for getting us at least resembling a football team, in very difficult circumstances for Shabba taking over.
    Those two games could have been an excuse for half-hearted experimental performances and seen us adrift from the top of the table.
    We've rolled the sleeves up, the training appears more intense so no excuse for fitness, and we are playing good football.
    Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    I'm very grateful to Ellis as well but we will absolutely piss the league now,we've reached the top being dreadful under RM and there's no chance Sunday was a flash in the pan under Shabs he's absolutely the real deal and the players know it.
    I hope your real deals are better than mine AP

I think I could grow to love this man tho

I think we're all praying he's the real deal and I for one am totally convinced,it will be great to see good football again and all of us being much happier with our team.

I'll hold my hand up and admit I've been very vocal about the dross on display and anti Ray but when you see what's happened since he's gone its absolutely night and day.

I genuinely believe this is the dawn of a new positive era in the club under this lovely man 😀
    Last edited by arab_plumber; 21-11-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    I think we're all praying he's the real deal and I for one am totally convinced,it will be great to see good football again and all of us being much happier with our team.

I'll hold my hand up and admit I've been very vocal about the dross on display and anti Ray but when you see what's happened since he's gone its absolutely night and day.

I genuinely believe this is the dawn of a new positive era in the club under this lovely man 😀
    And when he's headhunted to the English prem at the end of 2018/19.... we've got Laurie Laurie Laurie Laurie Ellis in the wings, in the wings....

...cue Brechin City 1 Dundee United 0

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    ...cue Brechin City 1 Dundee United 0
    The cynic in me says that's a certainty.

Good, grounded interview. Great also that he's got another full week to prepare the players, whilst Brechin have a tough away game tonight.

Saturday won't be easy depending on tight pitch, weather, quality of pitch etc but if the players start in the same manner I'm quietly confident!

I'm still staggered by the number of chances we created at the weekend - 22 efforts, 9 on target.

Someone is going to get a doing in the next few weeks, I can feel it in my watter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)