+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget

Budget

Are we ready for another round of Austerity that doesn't work, are we ready for another rise on pints for the working man while the spirit swigging MP's and the elite get away again with little or no increase on their tipple of choice ?

Diesel Drivers (like me) prices ready to jump tomorrow with even bigger increases probably before Christmas after our leaders drove us to buy them, now we pay the price of doing so.

London Taxi's are exempt, have you ever stood behind a black cab when it pulls away ? one of the most polluting machines going yet its exempt FFS.

Short changed is a light word for what the general public have suffered for all this Diesel bollox.

They have known (or they say) for years that diesel is more devastating to air pollution, they could have converted most diesel engines for little cost (after all it wasn't our fault), but no, instead of combating the problem properly they would rather "EARN" more money by taxing us, well that's going to benefit air pollution isn't it ?

Tax on fuel is the easiest way for any Government of the UK to gain finances, in the war they raised fuel prices (rightly so) and said afterwards it would de tax it, it never happened, now for every £1:33 you put in your tank 75p is paid straight to the Government in Tax.

So for a Government who look silly and out of their depth doing Brexit, believe that building 300,000 homes a year is going to solve the housing crisis, persist in continuing with their ropey waste of money train set, and cannot man our Security borders properly this Budget is another "Give us your money" insult, with the usual speech along the lines of We are striving forward to be great again, THEY ARE FULL OF SH!T.

Is it out yet?
    Complain to your MP before it’s too late.

No doubt more pain for the working class and poor hard up pensioners ..

I find it hard to credit that there could be a more incompetent politician than Theresa May, but in Hammond there could well be one. If tomorrow's budget is anything other than an unmitigated disaster I will be amazed. The best to be hoped for is that it is a completely anodyne, irrelevant waste of time. The possibilty that it could contain proposals that will go some way to addressing any of the problems this country faces is far too much to hope for.

Regarding the diesel bit, you are absolutely correct Alto.

We were sold diesel cars with a discount on tax because the were "greener" - even though the Government of the day KNEW that they were not.

To now penalise diesel owners for owning one is a scandal.

Yes, they are being phased out, but in the interim the owners should not have to suffer financially because of the way the Government has mishandled this.

And this morning it has been announced that it is willing to pay (for starters) a further £20 billion for our divorce bill with the EU.
    These people should not even be in charge of the household milk money.
    We obviously owe the EU "a sum" of money,and no one on here has any idea of the amount. But the Government and the EU, who signed off these deals, MUST know the amount that we have agreed to. It is sure to be all available on the various pieces of paper that we have signed up to. If they ran a company but did not know how to budget then they would be out on their ear very quickly.

I can't believe how poorly we are handling this. From "go whistle", to £20 billion to £40 billion within a few weeks is mind blowingly inept. We MUST know how much we owe, and so must the EU. Just get it sorted! The way it seems to me is that if we are willing to pay £40 billion then, the way our Government is working, we probably owe a lot more than that.

In the meantime, we have just basically committed ourselves to a further £20 billion (at least) of expense - a lot of money to find on the eve of the budget.

There's a lot of whingeing and criticism of our negotiating team about this so called 'divorce bill' 59/60, including from your good self, so I have three questions for you.

1) How much are we legally obligated to pay ?

2) How much does the EU want us to pay ?

3) How much do you think we should pay ?

Incidentally, I was under the impression that the £20 million already offered was nothing to do with the 'divorce' settlement, it was a continuation of our annual payments into the EU budget during a two year transition period. But I haven't checked back, I could be wrong about that.

As I said above Sinkov, neither I or any one else on here has the foggiest idea of our debt.

My point is that our Government and the EU will have all the relevant paperwork and it shouldn't be rocket science to get out a calculator and tot the total up.

For our Government to recently go from zero, to £20 billion, to £40 billion in a matter of weeks makes them look like they are making it up as they go along. If you owned a company would YOU employ them?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There's a lot of whingeing and criticism of our negotiating team about this so called 'divorce bill' 59/60, including from your good self, so I have three questions for you.

1) How much are we legally obligated to pay ?

2) How much does the EU want us to pay ?

3) How much do you think we should pay ?

Incidentally, I was under the impression that the £20 million already offered was nothing to do with the 'divorce' settlement, it was a continuation of our annual payments into the EU budget during a two year transition period. But I haven't checked back, I could be wrong about that.
    Not released for 2017 yet but as a comparison in 2016 the UK's (And some others) contributions were as follows:

Number of budgetary commitments 3,833
    Total amount allocated for all beneficiaries 5,713,330,451 €

France:
    Number of budgetary commitments 3,606
    Total amount allocated for all beneficiaries 5,104,122,794 €

Spain:
    Number of budgetary commitments 3,277
    Total amount allocated for all beneficiaries 4,759,298,894 €

Poland:
    Number of budgetary commitments 1,004
    Total amount allocated for all beneficiaries 2,061,612,484 €

Bulgaria
    Number of budgetary commitments 576
    Total amount allocated for all beneficiaries 917,842,990 €

I would! Theresa May on reception, Hammond, Gove and Johnson all on outfitting in our old VW Diesel van.
    All on zero hour contracts and with pay for an undetermined "trial period" well below minimum wage, with no holiday pay and on a "We will ring you when we need you basis!"

Welcome to the real world, you over privileged Tory ****bags!

Haha, nice one BT!

As long as they were allowed nowhere near the accounts department.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)