+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Takeover ???

The Takeover ???

They say no news is good news , I'm not so sure myself .

The longer this thing goes on the less likely it is going to happen in my opinion .

If it's not sorted before xmas I think the consortium will walk away .

Something is definitely not right , taking far too long for things to be going effectively .

Was looking at an article by an expert on Football club Takeovers

He said they can take as short as merely a matter of weeks like when the Arabs bought Man City ( probably paid cash !! ) or up to 15 months like when the Chinese bought Southampton.

On average though it said 4 - 6 months

Mike Ashley says he wants to off load Newcastle before Xmas and they only got the offer in this week from a consortium.

So in summary *** knows

Will it won't it whatever happens I'll just wait and keep an open mind more thinking about Cardiff game

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Was looking at an article by an expert on Football club Takeovers

He said they can take as short as merely a matter of weeks like when the Arabs bought Man City ( probably paid cash !! ) or up to 15 months like when the Chinese bought Southampton.

On average though it said 4 - 6 months

Mike Ashley says he wants to off load Newcastle before Xmas and they only got the offer in this week from a consortium.

So in summary *** knows
    I suppose each club is different and the differing circumstances come in to play and the length of time needed to conclude the deal .

In real terms we aren't dealing here with a massive amount of money as compared to Newcastle perhaps .

That said when you buy a house it seems to drag on forever , even as a first time buyer and no chain .

I would imagine the sale of the football club would be fairly straight forward and the real complications arise with the council and their stake .

The land could be more significant to the council than we realise and it maybe a tough nut to crack for the consortium , the council have a responsibility to the borough and not just 11k fans of the club .

When Mike Ashley bought Newcastle in a few weeks he didn’t do due diligence and ended with millions of pounds of debts he hadn’t known were there .

From the bits I’ve heard due diligence has been done and checks done by FA so yep you have to presume a deal hasn’t been agreed for the land .

The council have mentioned building houses and business units on the spare land and developing it so they’re not going to give it away and if they do sell their share of the land they’ll probably want assurances of what’s going to be done .

Mr Lee will say boloxs to this and move on

The council will scupper the deal. Like I've said before the club 'll fold and they can half of fcuk all

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    The council will scupper the deal. Like I've said before the club 'll fold and they can half of fcuk all

Steve , the council have responsibilities that reach out beyond Grove Street .

We need to factor this in before we start with words like " scupper ".

The council know the importance of the club because they have contributed to it's existence since 2003 but they have services to provide and jobs to protect .

I'm for the takeover as you know but there's a line , the club and the land no problem if everyone is happy to shake on it and prosper .

This deal however must be right for the whole borough not just 11k of us .

Worst thing that could have happened the council "safeguarding" Oakwell. The club doesn't benefit from it one bit. If anything that's what's stopped the club being taken over. Also it's gotten in the way of any ground improvements. Would you go round to your mates' house and start building him a conservatory to add value to their house?

If I were Mr Lee I'd want the lot. Hook, line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Worst thing that could have happened the council "safeguarding" Oakwell. The club doesn't benefit from it one bit. If anything that's what's stopped the club being taken over. Also it's gotten in the way of any ground improvements. Would you go round to your mates' house and start building him a conservatory to add value to their house?

If I were Mr Lee I'd want the lot. Hook, line and sinker.

On the contrary Steve, the councils investment/input was reassuring when we were in administration. The club was then on the bones of its arse. Them safeguarding the land and ground was ***** to the club trying to re emerge after nearly folding. It made sense at the time and still makes sense now in my opinion. They could've said fuq it back in 2003 but they didn't. They realised that this town needed a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Steve , the council have responsibilities that reach out beyond Grove Street .

We need to factor this in before we start with words like " scupper ".

The council know the importance of the club because they have contributed to it's existence since 2003 but they have services to provide and jobs to protect .

I'm for the takeover as you know but there's a line , the club and the land no problem if everyone is happy to shake on it and prosper .

This deal however must be right for the whole borough not just 11k of us .
    In what way would you say the council have contributed to the club since 2003 ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast