+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Turns Down Bid!

Ashley Turns Down Bid!

ASHLEY TURNS DOWN BID! - External Link

I can see both sides of the argument.We are not exactly in a comfortable mid table position & our current form is questionable.However it is early days & with the possibility of serious January investment a reasonable mid table finish should be the least to be expected.I firmly believe that a compromise will be reached soon.Ashley will not wish to endure the fan's wrath after another fund less January.This is an opportunity for a win win situation & even Ashley isn't daft enough to let it pass him by.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    even Ashley isn't daft enough to let it pass him by.
    ohh, I think he could be, like.

Think Ashley will want this deal done sooner rather than later. A relegation clause makes sense for the new owners but if he drags it out, the more the relegation clause will be needed. Imagine he hasn't sold the club and we go down? His evaluation of the club then turns into minimum half of what he's asking. It's in his best interest to get rid of it at 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    If,as is widely circulated, the offer is around £300m then that is a good starting point for negotiations to continue towards compromise.I feel that the 'compensation in the event of relegation' is more of an issue but not one that cannot be overcome. We will be bought out eventually by this Group & WE WILL HAVE A HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    If,as is widely circulated, the offer is around £300m then that is a good starting point for negotiations to continue towards compromise.I feel that the 'compensation in the event of relegation' is more of an issue but not one that cannot be overcome. We will be bought out eventually by this Group & WE WILL HAVE A HAPPY CHRISTMAS.
    I'm hopeful rather than expectant....but man, that would be some Christmas present!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    he could easily

and will if he doesnt get what he wants

would you advertise your house and sell it for two thirds its worth in a growing market

i still think if it will get done it will be the end of november beginning of december

the relegation clause will be a stumbling block
    ash wont sell for less than his value and put a clause like that in
    he wont want to give anyone money back if they fail

According to the Times he has dropped his price to £350 million,I don't know where they get the information from I thought there was a non disclosure in place.

He asks high, they offer low... and they’ll meet somewhere in the middle.

Imagine it will be held up more due to Ashley wanting to continue to advertise his tat in SJP than the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)