+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper rail fares

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Brilliant response! Made my day, think jdfc has got it yet?

Any reply to Oor Wullie's plea for free train travel for pensioners.
    It's no a plea it's a demand as is the want of pensioners.😊

Railways seems to be more an English thing we only have two real mainlines and nobody uses them if they 've alternative modes of travel.

Although Id give the auld codgers free rail travel if it kept them aff the buses.

Going Doon to Sheffield soon on the train £90 return. Joke prices really.

And the £90 is a third aff with a discount card.

won't bother me I always use my free bus pass! Expecting incoming fire fro Rros now!
    I have access to a subsidised ( not free as taxpayers pay) bus pass and subsidised rail card but can well afford to pay.....as I suspect you can Bcram.

All seems a bit needless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    My querie is more about the age group, 26-32, surely they are earning at that age
    Ahhh ha welcome said the spider to the fly.

So do 60 year olds plus earn.....your point is caller?

I’ve agreed with you for years on the “oap” debate, though as you sneak nearer that age, the mind thought may change, is that no what it’s all about, looking after yourself

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’ve agreed with you for years on the “oap” debate, though as you sneak nearer that age, the mind thought may change, is that no what it’s all about, looking after yourself
    Nope.

It's about fairness.

I would give more to the young less to the older age groups.

In fact I'll go further I'd probably give more to the younger males as society seems to be all about giving to and helping females these days.

A wee bit of rebalancing needed.

Perhaps male retirement age brought down to 65 female rise to 70 to acknowledge different life expectancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Nope.

It's about fairness.

I would give more to the young less to the older age groups.

In fact I'll go further I'd probably give more to the younger males as society seems to be all about giving to and helping females these days.

A wee bit of rebalancing needed.

Perhaps male retirement age brought down to 65 female rise to 70 to acknowledge different life expectancy.
    Think using age as a yardstick is unfair.

Think using age as a yardstick is unfair.
    It's a fairly crude and simplistic measure but don't think it's unfair.

www.salarygraph.co.uk

found this website and i thought there might be a better way than usung age as a yardstick. Got myself confused so I thought that there would some posters on here who could get baffled too!

See rail fares are set to rise by 3.4% which will mean a rise of £150 to the cost of some season tickets. This has led to renewed calls from passengers for British Railways to be renationalised. Seems these rises mean that the announcement by Hammond for the young persons season ticket is now sadly worthless.They will be paying the same if not more now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)