+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kieffer bidding war

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If we don’t get him then it will show our true ambition.

However it might end the bullshine about having a big budget for this league.
    We might have a big budget for this league. Who knows what every clubs' budget is? I understand the scepticism though. I don't like the "shopping at Harrods" "same budget as Huddersfield" stuff that TS comes out with.

However not signing Moore does not necessarily mean a lack of ambition. The asking price could be more than he's worth to us. Money might be better spent elsewhere.
    We dodged a bullet with Stevie May. Posters complained because we didn't up our bid to get him. Stubbs got one thing right in advising TS that he didn't think he was worth a higher bid. Unfortunately Stubbs' back-up plan (Blackstock) was even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Better defenders Saturday made him look more AVG and prob shows he's not a championship player.
    He will need to play probably the best he had all season on Saturday to get the better of the Wigan defenders
    If Warne persists with playing Moore upfront on his own again he'll have two central defenders marking him out of the game which is what happened on Saturday.
    I really hope we see a change of tactics with Ball brought into the side to play in the number 10 role which is what Warne claimed he'd signed him for. That should at least give both of the Wigan central defenders something different to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    We might have a big budget for this league. Who knows what every clubs' budget is? I understand the scepticism though. I don't like the "shopping at Harrods" "same budget as Huddersfield" stuff that TS comes out with.

However not signing Moore does not necessarily mean a lack of ambition. The asking price could be more than he's worth to us. Money might be better spent elsewhere.
    We dodged a bullet with Stevie May. Posters complained because we didn't up our bid to get him. Stubbs got one thing right in advising TS that he didn't think he was worth a higher bid. Unfortunately Stubbs' back-up plan (Blackstock) was even worse.
    Think you're getting confused wrinkly.
    Steve Evans was manager when we tried to sign Stevie May.
    Stubbs advised against paying more for Bradshaw and the lad at Millwall (can't remember his name at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    the lad at Millwall (can't remember his name at the moment).
    Lee Gregory

It was immediately after promotion that we tried to sign Stevie May.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Lee Gregory

It was immediately after promotion that we tried to sign Stevie May.
    That's the one, cheers Masbrough.
    Gregory, don't want him 😊

Think you're getting confused wrinkly.
    Steve Evans was manager when we tried to sign Stevie May.
    Stubbs advised against paying more for Bradshaw and the lad at Millwall (can't remember his name at the moment).
    Doh ! You are absolutely right mellow. My apologies. "confused" is an unavoidable consequence of my advanced years.
    Although I can remember vividly matches from the 60s the last game against Shrewsbury (it was Shrewsbury wasn't it?)is all a blur (lucky me?)

I still think the point is valid though.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Doh ! You are absolutely right mellow. My apologies. "confused" is an unavoidable consequence of my advanced years.
    Although I can remember vividly matches from the 60s the last game against Shrewsbury (it was Shrewsbury wasn't it?)is all a blur (lucky me?)

I still think the point is valid though.
    The point is absolutely valid and certainly no need to apologise.
    By the way, I'm in the same state as you with regards to remembering games from the 60s although I think I've deliberately chosen to erase all last season from my memory 😊
    Hope the same thing doesn't happen this season!

If Warne persists with playing Moore upfront on his own again he'll have two central defenders marking him out of the game which is what happened on Saturday.
    I really hope we see a change of tactics with Ball brought into the side to play in the number 10 role which is what Warne claimed he'd signed him for. That should at least give both of the Wigan central defenders something different to think about.
    Even better get JCH on from start

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Even better get JCH on from start
    Erm.........😊

Think all the fans are unanimous that 451 only works sometimes and we need to mix it up. I would even be happy to try Moore up top with ball and towell just behind. I'm sure potter. Frecks and one other could run the middle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123