+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan pardew

I always think pardew looks like a phycotic serial killer when he puts his specs on

Pearson strikes me as being a bit weird, almost sinister...remember that weird touchline incident? Shakespere is too inexperienced at this level. I lost all respect for Allardyce after getting a 4 million agreement for the England job and then stupidly blowing it for pure greed. Can you really trust this guy again? The selections are pretty poor to be honest but of all of them I would give Pardew a chance. Here's the rub. The new manager will be working with players he didnt pick. This is why even though Pulis had a bad run, at least everything was in place for him. This is the gamble. I would have kept with Pulis to keep us up and then change at the end of the season, and maybe replace this season after safety to give the new manager a run when the results didnt matter. then the summer to add who he wants and then start the new season with some experience. (Hate changing managers, just spells a lot of upheaval to me.)
    Having said all that I will be right behind whoever gets the job. What else can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Pearson strikes me as being a bit weird, almost sinister...remember that weird touchline incident? Shakespere is too inexperienced at this level. I lost all respect for Allardyce after getting a 4 million agreement for the England job and then stupidly blowing it for pure greed. Can you really trust this guy again? The selections are pretty poor to be honest but of all of them I would give Pardew a chance. Here's the rub. The new manager will be working with players he didnt pick. This is why even though Pulis had a bad run, at least everything was in place for him. This is the gamble. I would have kept with Pulis to keep us up and then change at the end of the season, and maybe replace this season after safety to give the new manager a run when the results didnt matter. then the summer to add who he wants and then start the new season with some experience. (Hate changing managers, just spells a lot of upheaval to me.)
    Having said all that I will be right behind whoever gets the job. What else can you do?
    We all know Pearson was weird but those things are in the past ans he says he has learnt from his mistakes in that department....but it's not a nice man we need...Irvine was a nice man and if he had Pearson's steel would have still been in the job because he knew how to play good football even with Downing and Kiely in his ear.

Shakespeare is indeed without experience but as a number two to Pearson he has a wealth of experience.

For our immediate needs they are just what the doctor ordered.

Allerdyce is a cheat and a bung taker...but then when you think about it when managers pay about 85 million for a player they let go for free it seems highly dubious and that it goes on everywhere....NO! to Fat Sam

If we let Pardew take over we again know full well that we will back in the same position in a few months.

Have a look at the scenario...it's very similar to Leicester heading the drop at a rate of knots they were picked up and rocketed up the table to safety, then the dabacle that saw the demise of Pearson but they were in a position to attract a manager of Ranieri's stature, the same could happen at Baggies only this time Pearson's son won't be around to throw a spanner in the works and therefore we could have a bloody good management team for quite a number of years.

To be honest if Allerdyce or Pardew get the job it will be so small minded I will continue to keep my hard earned in my pocket....not been for ages and you know what it really is pi55ing me off.

fact is,like him or not he p1$$es all over pulis in the percentage winning stats and more pleasing on the eye football and for sure he will be an entertainment on his own on the touchline,so we have to give him his chance if the board go for him

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Pardew is great short term, the results usually change immediately, but the longer he stays the worse they get. Until the end of the season only for me.
    Most managers are like this 55 look at
    Chris Hughton Brighton doing ok now tho ?

Opinions will vary but the one constant is that most posters on this board won’t want whoever gets the gig. Most are on suicide watch at the best of times, but that’s common with most football supporters I guess. Unless you are a wolves fan of course

Pardew is a lunatic, check out his antics on youtube. But he would bring a few laughs back to The Hawthorns, and god knows we need them.
    He could be just what we need at this time, someone totally up himself like Atkinson was.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Pardew is a lunatic, check out his antics on youtube. But he would bring a few laughs back to The Hawthorns, and god knows we need them.
    He could be just what we need at this time, someone totally up himself like Atkinson was.
    We must have been lunatics 55 watching pulis c r a p football for so long .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)