+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Wolverhampton Wanderers - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Really dont see why he plays Hernandez away from home.would surely make more sense to play Dallas klich or okane. That's not a slagging of pablo just think we can't afford to have pablo and sainz together in these hard away games. it works at home when we are on the front foot but away when we need to be more aggressive and disciplined. Saying that viera and lonners didn't help last night.
    Anyways 3 points sat and that wIll be 6 from 9. Can't be many of us that really thought we would get anything away at wolves midweek.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    in fairness though, we spent 24million on our squad, wolves spent 50 on theirs, we never stood a chance!
    Clive, we have spent money but not anywhere near the 50 million you state. Three of the players last night are on loan and only Neves from the starting eleven, cost big money (15 million). Costa, who came on in the second half, was purchased for a reputed thir**** million last season. Middlesborough and Aston Villa have spent more this season.

Your side did play some attractive football at times and with more composure in front of goal you could have added to your score. After the sending off your side did well to keep the score down to four. I am sure you will more games than you will lose before the season ends.

Reality is we are not going up or down..not consistent enough..9 defeats in 12 ain't play-off form.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Clive, we have spent money but not anywhere near the 50 million you state. Three of the players last night are on loan and only Neves from the starting eleven, cost big money (15 million). Costa, who came on in the second half, was purchased for a reputed thir**** million last season. Middlesborough and Aston Villa have spent more this season.

Your side did play some attractive football at times and with more composure in front of goal you could have added to your score. After the sending off your side did well to keep the score down to four. I am sure you will more games than you will lose before the season ends.

I think you make some fair points here mate, and your assessment of the game matches mine - at times we looked pretty good yesterday, and with a bit more luck and avoiding a sending off, it could've been a much closer game.

Having said that though, transfer fees aren't the issue here - how much people spend on that isn't massively important - it's how much people are getting paid, and what they're prepared to play for. I don't know the figures being spent on wages at Wolves at present, but the players on loan are 'worth' around the same as the figures you quote for actual buys, and players 'worth' that amount will be on massive wages.

'Plucky little Leicester' (copyright) also did this to get out of this league - everyone talks about their miracle, but they broke FairPlay guidance (not saying Wolves are doing this, just paying a lot) and spent a lot more on their championship squad than they declared that season, meaning they could pay for much better quality players than other teams could/did.

Of course if Leeds had done that, we'd currently be in League 1 with 25 points deduction.

Not sure how teams like Wolves are doing it, but give them credit - you're going to walk this league with the quality of players you have and the rest of us will be just picking up the crumbs - a metaphor for last night's game really.

Fair enough Abbobrom and agree with Jez...Its the total wage bill thats more pertinant...TC has again shown an apparent lack of tactical nous with the shape and team selection...ok bit unlucky but we don't seem to learn

Got back in the game then go and shoot ourselves in the foot with a sending off.

But you have to ask yourself just where the f*ck were we 1st half?

Going nowhere with TC i'm afraid and it really does pain me to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Got back in the game then go and shoot ourselves in the foot with a sending off.

But you have to ask yourself just where the f*ck were we 1st half?

Going nowhere with TC i'm afraid and it really does pain me to say that.
    Only if you consider another season of mid-table mediocrity to be "nowhere."

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Only if you consider another season of mid-table mediocrity to be "nowhere."
    That is exactly what I meant..mid table nothingness with TC in charge..not good enough for a club the size of Leeds.

Question I keep asking myself is should we cut TC some slack given its his 1st season in the Championship?

But I honestly don't think he has 'what it takes' and 9 defeats in 12 games would tend to back that up!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    That is exactly what I meant..mid table nothingness with TC in charge..not good enough for a club the size of Leeds.

Question I keep asking myself is should we cut TC some slack given its his 1st season in the Championship?

But I honestly don't think he has 'what it takes' and 9 defeats in 12 games would tend to back that up!
    I know that's what you meant - I was being ironic

I'm not sure why the Club should cut him quite so much slack -it's a results based business and, as you say, 9 defeats in 12 speaks for itself. Are we perhaps willing to be more forgiving because we are scarred by a succession of short-term and ultimately, doomed appointments? Or is it because TC looks the part in his designer clothes - unlike poor old Steve Evans who waddled around like a beached whale, drenched in sweat and with a personal parking space reserved outside the Casualty Dept?

Either way, it's not looking good and unless I can wean myself off my suicidal habit of always betting on us to win then I will be heading to the bankruptcy court any day now
    Last edited by UbiqueLUFC33; 23-11-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I know that's what you meant - I was being ironic

I'm not sure why the Club should cut him quite so much slack -it's a results based business and, as you say, 9 defeats in 12 speaks for itself. Are we perhaps willing to be more forgiving because we are scarred by a succession of short-term and ultimately, doomed appointments? Or is it because TC looks the part in his designer clothes - unlike poor old Steve Evans who waddled around like a beached whale, drenched in sweat and with a personal parking space reserved outside the Casualty Dept?

Either way, it's not looking good and unless I can wean myself off my suicidal habit of always betting on us to win then I will be heading to the bankruptcy court any day now

Same every season..your just kinda hope something will click even tho there is no real solid foundation but this season I had genuine hope with the influx of players..sadly it just feels like another false dawn and even tho I can't get to many games these days it dun't half spoil the weekend when we lose and play poorly.

Not sure my liver or wallet can take much more of this drowning yer sorrows sh1te either.

Can't wait for the Barnsley game....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)