+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverhampton Wanderers - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Is that american for shyte?
    Yes. And not even the firm solid stuff.

Apparently we were well back in the the game before the sending off. Then it was Goodnight Vienna / Vierra. Ok, I'll get my coat....... ��

Wolves have spent bottom half Premier league money, it's more than most teams have in our division, we won't be playing them every week, still only about 4 points off the playoffs, actually thought we did OK for some of the game, but we weren't the same standard as wolves, it showed. Goalkeeper, a left back so we can try berardi at right back, and another striker, hopefully those additions will help us to maintain a push for the top 6

shocking performance in the first half and once again TC fails to get a) the correct tactics and b) any of the players motivated. It's no good getting going in the second half when you are already 2-0 down from the first. TC's post match comments are just laughable, getting behind the players is one thing but sometimes a bit of honesty pays off, we were sh1t.

Woeful again apart from a vaguely hopeful spell immediately after half time. Hernandez was missing tonight (the opposite of Sunday) and you could tell from the first 5 minutes that was going to be the case. Let down yet again by poor discipline - just how stupid are some of these players to think that they will get away with it? Ironically, the sending off came just as we were (briefly) in the ascendancy. The first time I have seen Berardi looking quite so outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Holy fk. Why do we do this?
    Cos we is sh1te?

Tonight was our 9th defeat in 12 games..and on tonight's performance TC thinks we performed well

Start the car ffs.....

in fairness though, we spent 24million on our squad, wolves spent 50 on theirs, we never stood a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    in fairness though, we spent 24million on our squad, wolves spent 50 on theirs, we never stood a chance!
    I'm not sure that spending money automatically equates to success - look at Tomas (the pie muncher) Brolin and Robbie (going nowhere at the end of my career) Fowler.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Its quality that counts Clive, not the cash money spent or the number of players brought in. We have spent TOO MUCH on TOO MANY, rather than judicious investment in quality.

Said it before, I'll keep on saying it, (despite the sh1t I get thrown at me for saying it), because its right, in this division and above, hoovering up cheap nobodies in the hope that enough will come good to make a successful, competitive squad/team is just bonkers (unless you intend to keep doing so for a number of seasons, minimum 4, so as to have at least some vague prospect of finding 2 - 3 per season (Saiz, Alioski, and a.n.other this season?), that fit the bill).

For whatever reason, Radrizzani has appointed Orta as the man who will head up the scouting and recommendations. His (Ortas) record in the English leagues is abysmal, and his methods follow a pattern we are seeing at Leeds, and with much the same result. I'm almost feeling sympathy for Christiansen, a kind of "intelligent Wockaday" who has ended up in much the same place, out his depth and with a squad not of his choosing and not much prospect of being able to (even if he had the talent to identify prospective players, which we don't know).

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)