+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mark Warburton and Gary Rowett

Lolz. So much so I'm thinking of putting a sticker on my car.
    But can't decide if I want it the 2 stars or no.

The bloke lost his top striker, finished 4th bottom last season, and has them 8th this with a 34 year old has his main striker,, hes doing a fantastic job on a tight budget imo. They look 2 players short of being playoffs but January is around the corner, if they stay near us over the xmas period they will be there come may trust me. Top 6 a great chance for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    The bloke lost his top striker, finished 4th bottom last season, and has them 8th this with a 34 year old has his main striker,, hes doing a fantastic job on a tight budget imo. They look 2 players short of being playoffs but January is around the corner, if they stay near us over the xmas period they will be there come may trust me. Top 6 a great chance for them.
    That last minute equaliser at theirs against us proved to be worth gold to them.

The lost as many games as Sunderland

It's easy to mock the misery of your closest rivals however I'm pleased they stayed up last season (it was too close for comfort).

It's not good for football seeing sides like Forest slip in to the 3rd tier and whilst no team has the right to be anywhere based on history or fan base I'm happier playing them (and winning) than not. There is some hatred shown come match days but at the end of the day most of us went to school with or work with their fans and the banter in my opinion far outweighs the nonsense.

Warburton got a little lucky last year but is steadying the ship on the Trent. If he sorts his defence out they are more than capable of mounting a challenge.

We should also bear in mind that whilst we've had the edge for a good few seasons we are still in the same place.

Would love to see us both challenging come May but just couldn't stomach them v us at Wembley.

Back to Derby and we are pulling out results when not playing well, usually a good sign.

A point plus today would be a top result.

COYR

Yeah our rivalry is not one based on hatred. More on oneupmanship. As I've said many times before I can never hate Derby because of the Clough/Taylor connection. Maybe the younger generations born after those halcyon days have some dislike for each other's teams but I think most of the older folk look at it as a rivalry just because of proximity more than anything else.
    A rivalry to push each club to be better in the best spirit of sportsmanship I would hope.

And no, the thought of our 2 clubs in a playoff final does not appeal to me. Defeat to either set of fans would be catastrophic and will only make the rivalry into one of complete hatred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)