+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morecambe 0 Alex 1

Morecambe 0 Alex 1

Well done lads, special thanks to Perry for smacking one in from outside the box. Sweet going above Vile too after they got thumped at home, and if we can pull off a shock this weekend ???... we'll be mid table. On-wards and upwards, C.O.Y.R!

Quote Originally Posted by crewebacca View Post
    Well done lads, special thanks to Perry for smacking one in from outside the box. Sweet going above Vile too after they got thumped at home, and if we can pull off a shock this weekend ???... we'll be mid table. On-wards and upwards, C.O.Y.R!
    Lee Blakeman was asking the match summariser (Radio Stoke) about why he didn't want to see Artell relieved of his post, when 12 months earlier, we were in exactly the same boat and were calling for the manager's head. His reply echoes exactly what I truly believe. That is that we have played better football at times and we do actually have more shots at goal. Generally, there is more fight and determination in the team, except on those occasions, when it appears to inexplicably desert them. That is why I also want the club and the fans to give this rookie manager more time to turn things around. After all, what is the alternative? There is, we are informed, not the riches available to appoint an experienced manager, in the same way that some other clubs can do.

I am so pleased and relieved that we won last night. Sounded like after a half hour of NG and Pickering bedding in the team started to perform. Bit of a surprise NG getting the winner with apparently a cracking goal, but good on you son.

In fairness we have to give this pairing a few matches to see if they can become the solid platform in our midfield, which has been missing up to now. Still believe that it makes sound sense for Ainley and Cooper to split the game. Feel it is important for Ainley to get regular match time so that he can carry on his improvement. Plus Cooper may be moving on in January.

The Luton game will be a perfect test to see if we can step up to the level required.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    That is why I also want the club and the fans to give this rookie manager more time to turn things around. After all, what is the alternative?

I agree.
    As much as he sounds devoid of ideas when we lose, he is totally enthused when we win - and I love that, not just for myself but for him too!!
    I always maintained we let him go a season too early as a player.
    Hope we don't make the same mistake as a manager!

Not like me to say this but mid-table obscurity sounds quite compelling right now.

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    I agree.
    As much as he sounds devoid of ideas when we lose, he is totally enthused when we win - and I love that, not just for myself but for him too!!
    I always maintained we let him go a season too early as a player.
    Hope we don't make the same mistake as a manager!

Not like me to say this but mid-table obscurity sounds quite compelling right now.
    Well at least after that win last night, he can have a very happy birthday today. Thirty seven years of age. He could perhaps still put his boots on before the season ends. Kevin Ellison hit the woodwork twice for Morecombe last night. He is the tender age of 38.