+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: United Fulham 5 - report

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    We couldn't cope wi Fulham's pace on't break,CCV had a mare no doubt abart that but Stearman wasn't universally popular before his injury.I don't like losin but i have to say that was a feast of aatackin football but why they felt they needed to tek the wazz, time wastin all 2nd half is beyond me(I'm sure that won't suprise Basil Fawlty the Bolton Mastermind tho)One thing i dint agree wi DB abart is the crowd i thought we stayed behind the players even at 5-2.UTCB
    You may be right about the crowd Rod. To be honest, I never really notice crowd noise while the game is in progress (I can’t really concentrate on two things at once!) but I did notice that CCV, despite his “mare”, got a very good ovation when he came off. So on that score at least, the crowd offered excellent support to a young lad still learning his trade. Hopefully, he will have learned a lot from last night’s mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by bladesince64 View Post
    Agree about Billy last night he got closed down quickly and outmuscled and I thought should have got hooked for Brooksy, who for me changed the game and got us back on the front foot. They were so scared of him they doubled up and he should have had a pen.
    Bash will definitely have to go back into midfield, his ball retention and passing ha improved hugely under CW ok he's no Coutts but he'll fill the void. He did get caught for pace last night a few times but he was trying to cover for CCV as well as get forward. Love to know the distances he covers in matches.
    First time I've ever stood and applauded at the end of a defeat. As someone else has said, the Tuftt factor.
    Wasn't Brooks brought on to give them problems ( which he did) & try to provide our proven goals scorers with chances? Billys not going to score sat on the bench is he?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    In fairness to Billy, he tried hard but as soon as he got the ball, he was challenged by two or three of the opposition. This was obviously a tactic as they feared his scoring record - and perhaps contributed to the space afforded to Leon. Perhaps when teams start worrying about Leon, Billy will get a bit more freedom.
    Agree with practically everything else in DB’s excellent report.

I don’t know how fit he is, but think Stearman needs to return in defence. Hopefully Baldock will be back so Bash can go midfield.
    With our (very entertaining) style of play, we were always going to be vulnerable against a fast, skillful counter attacking team.
    At least we lost to a team that played football and usually kept three up front - a much more acceptable defeat than the one to the horrible, cynical anti-football team that besmirched the once fair name of Norwich City.
    Despite last night’s result, I think 36 points from 18 games is a return far better than anyone could realistically have expected. UTB!!!
    Just do not agree with CCV same marks as Billy. CCV had a mare, gave away two soft goals, Billy not at his best, with few chances to jump on (not like he missed any sitters) gets the same marks? barmy IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    Just do not agree with CCV same marks as Billy. CCV had a mare, gave away two soft goals, Billy not at his best, with few chances to jump on (not like he missed any sitters) gets the same marks? barmy IMHO.
    Yep I’d give Billy at least 5.5.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Yep I’d give Billy at least 5.5.
    Even a bang average of 5 would be about right. Less than average and the player has fcuked up, had a stinker or not turned up. Billy did none of those.

make no mistake fulham are a good team with good players underachieved up to now but will give trouble to all teams in championship fancy em for top 6 actually

Who gets the match ball if two players score hat tricks. Is it the first player to score the hat Trick ?

Remember Deane and Agana scoring hat tricks in the same game and can't remember how it was sorted out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12